The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugee Issues

Refugee Issues

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 13
  15. 14
  16. 15
  17. All
I have to agree with scotty you can hardly say Africans have a good track record.

The problem you see with the left is that they are not patriotic like most Australian. They are either not born in Australia or care little for the society as a whole and would be more then happy to see society fragmented into groups.

I have posted this video before but some may not have seen it. It goes to show how our token effort at taking in refugee’s will do little to stem the problems in the third world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ
Posted by EasyTimes, Sunday, 7 October 2007 7:10:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If it weren't for the fact that he's posting the same sort of twaddle since January, I'd assume SCOTTY was pure troll material.
The best you can say is that at least it's good for a laugh. The moment the personal insults come out in any debate you know that opposition has lost its case.
Posted by wizofaus, Sunday, 7 October 2007 8:42:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snotty: "Well we should have known that CJ would be part of the noisey minority in TAMWORTH. Probably a teacher giving his leftist slant to our kids. Most probably an english teacher at one of the high schools."

Guess again, old chap. Wrong on all counts.

Snotty: "Im going to laugh my arse off when your facing another four years of Howard and Costello."

Please be assured that I shall flog you with that quotation in the new year, if indeed you are still around.

My first impulse was to go quite hard on poor young Snotty, but after reading subsequent responses I'm feeling somewhat more conciliatory. Indeed, I think that between them, Pericles, Ginx, wiz, FrankGol and Bugsy have him pretty well covered :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 7 October 2007 8:57:50 PM
The African refugee intake story is an interesting one.
I think no-one has a problem with reducing the intake from a particular part of the world based on need relative to other parts but the reasons given by Minister Andrews are not becoming of someone in his position and appear to be based on isolated reports, and going by a family members experience in social welfare, a lack of awareness and concern in dealing with the needs of refugees from different cultures. Of course some African refugees are poorly-educated, and they find it difficult to gain acceptance and trust from the rest of the community in many cases, but if there are problems then they can be addressed by dealing with them on a case by case basis.
Scotty is the personification of the kind of dimwitted attitudes we left behind some 50 years ago, and EasyTimes, what evidence do you have? I believe the Sudanese have been found to be underrepresented in crime statistics throughout Australia, it seems even the constituents of Tamworth are "changing tune" on Sudanese Immigration

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2007/s2050829.htm
Posted by peachy, Sunday, 7 October 2007 9:13:01 PM
It has been good to see that even Minister Andrews Assistant Minister has been somewhat critical of the Andrews' statement, and other politicians also (including the Qld premier) have damned his statement, saying it is racist.
Posted by peachy, Sunday, 7 October 2007 9:29:50 PM
Yes, peachy's quite correct. Tnis is obviously nothing more than an obvious dog-whistle from an increasingly desperate regime in its last days.

I expect that we'll hear more of this crap in the next few weeks. Remember the Tampa and the "children overboard"? Fortunately, I think that the majority of the electorate has finally woken up to Howard's pathological mendacity.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 7 October 2007 9:45:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11