The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugee Issues

Refugee Issues

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. All
Snotty: "History will not be kind, selfish pricks"

Indeed - just look at what the history books say about the old, unlamented 'white Australia policy'. Snotty may be surprised to know that the little country town in which I live is now home to quite a few Sudanese refugees. No gangs, no violence, no disease, no crime, no unemployment. Sure, they tend to stick to themselves because their English isn't very good yet, but they work hard and spend most of their earnings locally. In time, I have little doubt that they'll integrate just as well as all the other people who live around here who are descended from immigrants.

How many Sudanese refugees have you racists actually met, I wonder? Give me a Sudanese family next door anyday, over a bunch of beer-swilling racist yobbos.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 6 October 2007 12:21:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
C J Morgans a bong smoking hippy… hardly a revelation! Hum us a few bars of “Kumbaya” will you CJ it would be totally “Groovy Man”
Posted by EasyTimes, Saturday, 6 October 2007 12:55:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sharkfin asks: "Why the hell do they [Sudanese] have to come half way across the world to be resettled in Australia[?]"

Why not also ask: Why the hell do the English have to come half way across the world to be resettled in Australia? Does skin colour makes a difference to one's capacity or right to resettle?

I suppose there's no point in asking Sharkfin to give us some evidence for his sweeping theory that "War and ethnic cleansing isnt physcological its biological"? Judging from his grammar and spelling, he ought to be able to list a full bibliography of fantasy comics.

Sharkfin could perhaps defer to SCOTTY whose most intelligent contribution to the race debate is: "Bringing sub saharan blacks here who have the mental fortitude of a deck chair is crazy. Wont integrate are violent and have some pretty funny ways of dealing with thier women and tend to congregate in groups which tend to look a lot like gangs."

Who's been shaking the trees today?
Posted by FrankGol, Saturday, 6 October 2007 12:55:45 PM
"Australia is a Multi Culture ,multi Ethnic country." Well it may be now but when I was born into it and grew up in it ,it was a Christian country with strong laws that covered ALL . It was a good, peaceful nation where the streets were safe, no gangs allowed and newcomers came, worked, raised families, went to church if they wished, stayed home if they wanted.
Now we have this never ending argument of "ethnic' 'racism' 'Muslim trouble makers' . Our streets are full of menace and there is no peace anymore.
Because we have ceased to be Australian, we have become Multi culture with all the horrors that implies.And our land has become like the Third world .
Posted by mickijo, Saturday, 6 October 2007 3:03:24 PM
mickijo, you've given me a hellova a scare: "Our streets are full of menace and there is no peace anymore...Because we have ceased to be Australian, we have become Multi culture with all the horrors that implies.And our land has become like the Third world ."

Damn! I was going to go out again tonight like I did last weekend. When I last went out we were still Australia. What's happened in the space of a week? Should I cancel my tickets to the flix and start building my fortress and arsenal?
Posted by FrankGol, Saturday, 6 October 2007 3:43:34 PM
It didn't take long did it?

Andrews makes his 'Simon says' divisive and racist decision, and his pet poodles all starting yapping away doing their usual tricks.

I was profoundly ashamed to see a mother and two children of African descent (I don't think Sudanese!), get abused in a shopping centre yesterday. She was shopping. SHOPPING. Both children were clearly terrified.

If Rudd continues this kind of virulent politic racism, the man and his government can rot in hell, along with those of you belonging to the Howard Governments nasty little lynch mob.

(I was happy to pull out the jugular vein of the piece of filth that shot his grubby little mouth off.)
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 6 October 2007 4:47:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. 14