The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugee Issues

Refugee Issues

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. 15
  15. All
Nah we need Bolty to remind us that die-hard far-right conservatives are pretty much living on a different planet...some of the user comments he gets are enough to make you wonder just what sort of rocks these people have been living under for the last 50 years.

Oh and SCOTTY, give me a beer over a latte anyday, and my son is half-Latino, with a dash of native South-American blood. Seeing as enough generations back we're all African anyway, why would I care the least bit if my grandkids had a mother who more recently emigrated from the birthplace of humanity?
Posted by wizofaus, Monday, 8 October 2007 7:19:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
EasyTimes,

Okay let's get this straight. When the decision was originally taken no one complained. Because the decision was reached in consultation with the UN and targeted areas such as the Middle East and Asia. This was the reason that Andrews had been trumpeting right up until last week.

What has gotten everyones nose out of joint is Kevin Andrews suddenly deciding that the above wasn't the reason at all, instead it was "concern about Sudanese integration". He then proceeded to blast a community based on annecdotal evidence. When the police data showed that he was incorrect he just kept going, citing "confidential information". It's blatant dog whistling.
Posted by James Purser, Monday, 8 October 2007 9:20:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Birth place of humanity. Give me a friggin break.

The only beer you freaks would drink would be expensive and imported
burjoise toffy nosed consumers.

And you can try and tell us oh no Im not racist my daughter can bring home the tallest blackest African we can import and I wouldnt care. HYPOCRITS the lot of you.

The pedestal is going to break with the weight of CJ and Co clambering to climb aloft.

None of you except CJ will ever have to have anything to do with Africans, it will be some other poorer Australian that has to deal with thier low hygiene, violent attitude, gang violence etc.

But thats OK isnt it ya selfish pricks, you'll bring em here and fight tooth and nail to and then walk away to your $1m house in the suburbs and leave it to some other prick to deal with.

Clap Clap Clap Very Clever..

How would you feel if we brought them here and it was your daughter who was raped by a Sudanese refugee?
Dont know about you but I'd be rightfully angry..
But thats OK wont be in your suburb will it Wiz.

Give me one example of Africans not causing serious problems wherever they go. And out CJ's way they've already raped people so dont go thier.

I agree in CJ's Town of Tamworth it already has a serious problem with Country and Western music, why would we want to burden them further with refugees.
Posted by SCOTTY, Monday, 8 October 2007 9:25:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The thing is Scotty, you're talking out of your rear. Everything you're using to justify your argument is purely hypothetical.

Firstly:

1) You've no idea what kind of houses these people live in. Your claim that they'll go home to their multi million dollar houses is not only irrelevant, but purely hypothetical.

2) Where are the crime stats showing the Sudanese are worse offenders? Go look on the Herald Sun website and read Andrew Bolt's latest offering - even Bolt, a vehement defender of the Right, has come out saying the figures Andrews are using aren't justified.

3) You've yet to tell us anything of your own experiences with refugees. I'm inclined to believe you haven't got any, you'd rather just blame Australian problems on migrants. I guess that's just easier.

I must say, your 'selfish pricks' argument isn't exactly a well constructed argument, phrased with wit and subtlety. Plus, I can just as easily apply it to nutjob xenophobes like yourself, who would deny entry to refugees fleeing atrocities, based on half baked racist theories that they can't provide any supporting material for, whatsoever.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 8 October 2007 9:42:16 AM
Ah, what the hell, let's humour you a little more SCOTTY...alright, in my street, I reckon the rough ethnic breakdown would be...

30% Anglo-Celtic
40% Greek or Italian
25% Chinese/SE-Asian
5% Other (Indian, African etc.)

The local bus I sometimes catch frequently has at least 2 or 3 recent African immigrants on it. They're about the friendliest folks you could hope to meet.

And the 6-pack in the fridge at the moment is Tooheys New, bought for a whopping $16.
Posted by wizofaus, Monday, 8 October 2007 9:59:50 AM
Woddoicare!!

I'm 22 again!

GROTT; you're an orifice and a jungleman! And sooooo eloquent wif' it.

A man who is to 'laugh his arse off' clearly acknowledges that he knows where his head is...

(Pericles, your 'life tips' had me in fits of laughter!)
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 8 October 2007 1:16:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13