The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multiculturalism

Multiculturalism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All
[Cont.]
Now I'm not exactly sure when the campaign in the M/E started, but it was obviously prior to US declaring war on Germany on April 4 1917.
My Great Grandfather earned his Distinguished Service Order in the Second Battle for Gaza 2 weeks later on April 19, 1917. He was in Gallipoli and other places prior, and after the war he was a big name down at Randwick racecourse.

http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/awm-media/collection/RCDIG1068798/document/5517397.PDF
http://www.awm.gov.au/collection/R1536471

Now maybe I shouldn't complain, because if England didn't win WWI, I may not have ever been born if my Great Grandfather hadn't lived through it.

But needless to say, the Palestinians were promised the right to self determination, if they rose up against the Ottomans
(It was probably always a lie) but a deal was made when England was losing the war.

My Great Grandfather could've died in Gaza, but for what ends?
So the Jews could move back in a kill the people my ANZAC Great Grandfather fought on the same side as and to liberate from the Ottomans in that war?

The killing hasn't ended since my Great Grandfather was there in 1917, 108 years ago.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 2 August 2024 8:13:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

As I see it, the staffer had every right to have his personal political opinion, but no right under Australian anti-discrimination law to refuse service to the client.

He should have explained that, unfortunately, he was unable to provide the service the client requested as he was a conscientious objector to the Israel-Hamas war, but would immediately contact his boss so that he could be served by somebody else.

That way, he would have “killed two birds with one stone” as it were.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Friday, 2 August 2024 10:47:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Officeworks is owned by the super-woke company WestFarmers"

Really super-woke are they, gee can't say that about the endorsed One Nation candidate around here. He said post war migrants were "wogs" and they are now being replaced by "terrorists". Sounds rater extreme, don't you agree ttbn, but you have said we should vote for One Nation candidates in elections.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 2 August 2024 11:00:08 PM
Axel Muganwa Rudakubana named as teen accused of horrific Southport stabbing, faces court charged with murder

http://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-kingdom/axel-muganwa-rudakubana-named-as-teen-accused-of-horrific-southport-stabbing-faces-court-charged-with-murder/news-story/19c81d74bff0c5e0821b0bcb5dfe7a0e

Multiculturalism obviously doesn't create unity after all.
- No more than it creates division and conflict.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 3 August 2024 7:57:56 AM
After all that, people finished up believing what they believed at the beginning. It's all a waste of time really. We should probably all keep our thoughts to ourselves, and exercise what is left of democracy at the ballot box, and hope for the best. Even then, the duopoly, unity party, what ever commentators call our silly system, are going to do pretty much what they wish to do, without our permission.

The political class lie like pigs in sh.t; and there is nothing we can do about it, because only pigs want to be in politics. And, this doesn't seem to bother Australian piglets, who don't seem bothered by the sh.t. More than ever, voters are getting what they deserve.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 August 2024 9:47:17 AM
Individual actions should be blamed. Not entire groups
of any particular ethnicity. Multiculturalism has been and
is part of our national identity. All of our ancestors
came from somewhere else. Denying that - is denying who
we are. How we treat each other is up to us. Having
protective legislation, policies, and programs, has helped.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 3 August 2024 10:00:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy