The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > My Immediate Observations of Trump Shooting

My Immediate Observations of Trump Shooting

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. All
Among the chat on the assassination attempt and Donald Trump's survival, hypocrisy has been mentioned.

The question is being asked: ‘Why are the people who “know” that Donald Trump is the Single Biggest Threat to Democracy (e.g Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi) so pleased that this awful Threat survived? They say they are, after they performed character assassination with “galactic hyperbole”.

U.S. blogger, Douglas Wilson, writes that if Donald Trump is the “threat to democracy” that these loopy people say he is, what would be wrong with a spot of assassination to ‘save democracy’. Everyone, including Dietrich Bonhoeffer, was OK with the idea of knocking off Adolf Hitler, whom they often compared Donald Trump with.

Perhaps they were just churning out inflammatory crap to stir up voters. Although, Trump's death would have been mighty handy to them. Now that he has survived, the Democrats are in even bigger trouble than they were before the failed attempt. Trump is a hero.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 July 2024 3:36:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump a hero?

No. he's a a man running for a second term as US President
whose campaign, indeed his entire political career has thrived
on anger, fear, and chaos. Telling the cult of personality
that has arisen around him that the problems that America has,
he alone can fix. Without chaos and fear - Trump is nothing
but an aging showman.

A hero? Hardly. He's a man who will play into
a galactic martyrdom complex. And it will be milked
for all its worth - you can count on it.

Let's wait and see if Trump will try to bring the country
together at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee this
week. Or will he continue in his usual way of arousing anger,
fear, and chaos - which he alone can fix?

Interesting times ahead.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 16 July 2024 5:18:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Donald Trump Calls For Unity After Assassination Attempt, Confirms He Will Speak At Republican Convention; Melania Trump Releases Statement
http://au.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-calls-unity-assassination-142014811.html
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 16 July 2024 11:36:00 PM
Interesting times ahead.
Foxy,
Indeed, particularly for the public fund pilfering, society destroying Leftists !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 6:36:31 AM
All those that said Donald was a Nazi, now say Donald's a great guy, and that's his mates on his side of politics. I just love this American political crap, a real comedy of clowns, one and all. You couldn't script a bigger joke than the bunch of loonies in American politics, from Crazy Donald to Gar Gar Joe. I love watching it, can't wait for the second act! A cameo roll for a tutti-frutti shooter, for the would-be assassin his appearance was indeed a short one, and then it was... exit stage left, DEAD! A word form our sponsor, Donald endorses Band Aids, great for a bleeding ear!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 8:10:54 AM
Foxy, back in 2005 I posted here on OLO regarding “Less secure, less free: anti terrorism laws” and my ‘opinion’ regarding the LNP, Fuhrer Howard and the rise of neo-fascism. Today in WA we have the Firearms Act Amendments (2024) now in force. I would urge you and all other posters to peruse Section 150 (c) of this act which by its own appears to be reasonable. It is anything but that, moreover it is yet another example of the Labor/Green/ALP alliance that is Hell bent on destroying democracy in Australia. Irrespective of your thoughts, opinions and views on firearms, gun ownership and such, this act sets a very dangerous precedent by its own wording. It is in all respects the beginning of the “Thought Police” writ large. Forget about Trump and his right wing take on matters. We are, globally, heading rapidly towards a social, economic and political abyss. Deafening by their silence, not one law school, legal scholar, academic or politician of any flavour made mention of the significance of the words: “… thoughts, views or opinions..”
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 9:43:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...