The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
Dear John,

First, welcome to this forum!

I agree in essence to what you wrote.

Just one correction:

«Throughout history, followers of many religions, including Christianity, have engaged in conflicts and wars...»

The unspoken assumption there is that Christianity is a religion.

Indeed, some people utilise Christianity as a part of their religion - God bless them.

Yet others utilise Christianity for so many other ends, including for creating social norms and yes, as you mentioned, some also utilise it for wars, slavery and crusades.

«No religion is immune to being used for purposes of power and profit»

Well Christianity and the like are not immune, but that is because they have many other aspects besides the religious and people are free to pick and choose whatever aspects they like and disregard the rest.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 3 July 2024 11:11:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,

You often try to distance your religion from religion, I suspect that is because you don't associate yourself with the nastier aspects of religion, hate, intolerance etc. You feel you share no guilt for the past sins of others, murders in the name of god etc, and to a certain extent that is true.

BTW; What is Chistianity6? is there 5 other branches of the Christian faith?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 4 July 2024 4:38:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
‘Innocent’ Senator Payman now part of a ‘dangerous shift’ in Australian politics
http://youtu.be/jc64jIyvrGI

The Israel firsters have done the country a disservice in my opinion.
Prolonging the war and supporting the genocide has brought quite a few more Palestinians, and emboldened them that they new seek to form a political block.

Why couldn't you lot just act like human beings and oppose the genocide?
Now we have pissed off Muslims that will align together politically
- I guess it was bound to happen eventually anyway.

If you were upset about immigrants and Islam, now things have just gotten more complicated.
Jews and Muslims facing off in THIS COUNTRY?
- Send them all back and let them fight each other elsewhere.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 4 July 2024 5:45:18 AM
"One Israeli air strike hit a house in the southern city of Khan Younis, killing Hassan Hamdan, head of the burns and plastic surgery department at Nasser Medical Complex, along with all his family members, the Gaza health ministry said."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8684412/israel-hits-gaza-strip-exchanges-fire-with-hezbollah/

What sort of people assassinate the head of the hospital burns and plastic surgery unit and his family? [Rolls eyes]

Hello... attention ignorant christians
What do you expect normal good moral non-christian people think about this stuff
Do you think we don't read it
Or do you think those people don't exist
Do you think you hold a monopoly on morality
That no-one notices your hypocricy

Well you don't hold a monopoly on morality
In fact when it comes to Israel you rendered yourselves neutered dogs on the topic
And we see you, even though you're blind to these watchful eyes

And I'm sorry if that sounds mean.
Right now your religion is a bit of a clownshow when it comes to defending the innocent and goodwill to all men...
and women and kids etc.
'burns and plastic surgery surgeons'

my god wtf is wrong with you people
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 4 July 2024 7:13:28 AM
Hi Yuyutsu,

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for your reply.

It appears you and I may sometimes be referring to slightly different things when we use the word "religion". I'll bear this in mind in case I ever delve deeper into the topic with you.

Thanks again.
Posted by John Daysh, Thursday, 4 July 2024 8:17:33 AM
AC

You keep talking about 'religion'. What do you mean? There are different religions: the one this thread is about, Christianity; there is Judaism, Hinduism, Bhudism, Islam, and probably a few more sects. There is also climatism.

Apart from the first two, these religions a miles apart.

Like cultures, all religions are NOT equal.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 4 July 2024 8:47:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16