The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
Extreme Left-wing Victorian Premier, Jacinta Allan, is using ‘diversity’ to try ditching the Lord's Prayer before parliamentary sittings. The Leftists - ah bugger it - let's call them what they are: Communists - are wanting the same thing in Federal Parliament.

Get it? Bring in the Third World and non-Christians to create diversity, then use that diversity to move against Christianity: something they couldn't do without the mass importation of people not of our culture.

Mass immigration is not just about ‘growing the economy’; it's about killing our culture. As yet, the self-hating, anti-West lunatics engineering the First World into the Third World haven't twigged that it's only a matter of time before the change will come for them, too.

The most appalling thing about our political class (the non-Left is not doing anything about the threat from the Left) is that they are doing themselves, and us, in; it's not the multi-culties they want to replace us with. Apart from the odd mad mullah, most immigrants don't make the ridiculous calls for changes that the local diversity-cranks want.

Now, while I would bet that many, if not most, Australians would not know the words of the Lord's Prayer, it is a fact that democracy is firmly based on Christian principles and values. Without Christianity, there is no democracy. Whether you are a Christian or not, you wouldn't have had the lives you have had - on the back of Christianity.

Sneer. Chuck off at Christianity if you will; but, if goes, so do you, in a country that is already unrecognisable due to the constant chipping away of our values by people who are supposed to be serving your best interests.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 11:56:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm

"If I have to put a bloody gun to these peoples heads they WILL recite the Lords Prayer
They will learn to respect this country's religion god-dammit."
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 July 2024 11:10:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When you sit on the extreme like this bloke ranting about Christianity, everyone else is a "Communist", including the Pope!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 3 July 2024 5:48:13 AM
AC,

Don't be silly. It's not compulsory. As I said, most of those in parliament wouldn't know the Lord's Prayer, and probably just sit their like dumbarses as they do for everything else.

And, if you wish to deny the significance of Christianity to Western democracy, that's your business. Just be glad you don't live in one of the places where religion is compulsory and atheists are regarded as being worse than Christians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 3 July 2024 9:38:56 AM
Hi ttbn,
"And, if you wish to deny the significance of Christianity to Western democracy, that's your business. Just be glad you don't live in one of the places where religion is compulsory and atheists are regarded as being worse than Christians."

I'm still considering things regards a more serious response.

On the one side, I really REALLY don't like the idea of forcing religion upon anyone.
Secondly I question whether we're a Christian nation or a secular country, and I'm not sure we can be both.
Thirdly I look at the prayer itself,'Thy Kingdom come'
- What beliefs are you forcing people to align with?

I'm pondering whether or not removing it would really be a good thing, whether my thoughts are just a knee-jerk reaction to personal bias or whether or not I'd want to be the type of person that would in fact support removing it, and whether on not I think the ACL is being a little to dramatic i.e. no-ones stopping them from going to church or believing whatever they do, and Parliament is supposed to be separation of church and state, not have a huge religious symbol erected on top.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 3 July 2024 10:16:14 AM
AC

Nobody is forcing Christianity on anyone. However, lots of people in Australia seem eager to force Christianity OUT of everyone who believes in it.

Because of people like you, no: Australia is no longer a Christian country; it is post-Christian. But, that doesn't detract from the fact that our democracy and values are based on Christianity.

Remove the Christianity completely, and remove democracy.

But, Christianity is not going away after 2,000 years just because you think that you would be better without it.

Just a thought. What countries that haven't been Christian-based would you like to live in?

In the meantime, you need not bother yourself with Christianity, which so far has kept you safe, nor will anyone be “forcing” any beliefs at all on you. Hopefully, you won't ever have to live under a system that uses force; which, without Christian values, you might.

The last time the Labor Senate President put up the idea of dropping the Lord's Prayer, she was opposed by several LABOR Senators. It is not a political thing. It's a brain fart of a few cranks. What happens in Victoria, who knows? They are a weird mob of cranks in that God-forsaken state; both Labor and Liberal.

On your ‘not stopping them from going to church’ comment: Christians are giving churches the flick in droves, as most of the clerics and church bureaucrats have lurched sickeningly to the woke Left and joined the noisy mob. It's been a long time since I entered a church.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 3 July 2024 11:44:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy