The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
"If Christianity didn’t play a part, why did they all originate only in Christian societies? Over to you."

You have stonkered him there, mhaze.

JD appears to be one of the blow-ins who lives in a bubble, and turns up thinking, "I'll put these hicks in their place".

The last one was someone calling himself "Random". He had a good old sneer in a handful of posts - then abruptly disappeared when he didn't get the homage he though was his due.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 7 July 2024 11:34:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Prof. Tor Hundloe writes in his book -
"From Buddha to Bono," :

"There was the Muslim leadership who supported scholarship,
before Muslim science and philosophy disappeared, leaving
21st century fundamentalist Muslims believing seventh
century customs."

"The historian of Arab society, Mansfield, in his history of
the Arab world informs us that prior to the religious
ascendancy in the Arab countries:"

"Like the Greeks and Romans after them, an economic surplus
was put to good use in the Muslim centres of learning."

However -

"Just as the West commenced its slow but sure climb out of
the Dark Ages, the Muslim world came under the strict control
of leaders incapable of separating tribal mores from government."

"What we now know as Sharia (Islamic) Law became State Law, and
has remained so in the remaining tribal areas of Muslim lands."

"Today, we may have concerns with the fundamentalist fringe of
Islam, just as we do with the fundamentalist fringe of
Christianity and Hinduism - but we should not forget the role
of Muslim Scholars of 1000 or so years ago."

"These people discovered, just as some of their Christian
counterparts did, that scholarship was possible in a religious
environment."

"What the religious scholars had going for them was that they
were literate, and they lived off society's economic surplus."

"In any case, there was a clash of civilizations in the early
21st century. The two cultures were set to diverse dramatically,
with one pursuing progress based on Greek philosophy,
science, and politics, the other regressed from the high
point of scholarship, art, and invention, and stagnated in a
mire of Old Testament beliefs and AD 700 desert culture."

Prof. Hundloe goes on to write about the Crusades, and then the
problems we are re-playing today at a more dangerous level
than in the 12th century warfare of the Crusades. He asks:

"What is the point of saving humanity and the planet from a
possible environmental disaster if we keep killing each other
in the name of different prophets of the same God?"
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 7 July 2024 12:07:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,

"So in order for the land to no longer be drenched in the blood of innocents, you would like to kill my family there (most of whom support a Palestinian state and hate Netanyahu and his Nazi gang even more than they hate Sinwar), including the 4-year old twins, born into COVID and now into war.

- How very Christian of you..."

No of course not, why would you automatically assume that.
Hypothetically speaking, I would make it well known in advance to both sides to get the hell out and make sure that everyone has a chance to.
Obviously it would never happen anyway.

I see both sides as two children.
'Stop fighting over things or I will take it off you both and neither will have anything'.

I'm tired of the endless slaughter.
If dropping a dirty bomb on the place so it becomes a radioactive wastelend that no-one will ever fight over again, that seems somewhat reasonable to me, if it stops the innocent being killed.

I don't know your family, I know you help provide food for IDF, but I don't hold it against you, I know you have an interest in your family's safety, and for you that means Israel must prevail.
I understand and accept your reasons.

I honestly don't want any harm to come to your family Yuyutsu,
But I honestly don't want harm to come to anyone else's family either
And there's been a lot of that, it seems the cycle of violence will never end.

I don't want any innocent people to be killed.
I'm not even keen on killing the guilty ones, lock 'em up and throw away the key if necessary.
I just want all people to be able to live in peace and dignity.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 7 July 2024 4:58:43 PM
Dear Critic,

«I'm tired of the endless slaughter.»

You would be tired of watching youtube, then posting at length here - that I understand, but I do assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you and your loved ones have not participated in any slaughter lately, neither as offenders nor as offended.

«I see both sides as two children.
'Stop fighting over things or I will take it off you both and neither will have anything'.»

The modern world is not a place for children, certainly not the cities, thus it's all too common for stressed adults to get tired, lose patience and then punish children indiscriminately without even bothering to hear them.

Your weary eyes see only two children, yet there are many more that you are not seeing, ones like my family who could not care less about national territories, Judaism or Islam, who only want to live peacefully and raise their children and grandchildren on their own plot of land, not caring whether their next-door neighbour be a Jew, a Muslim or whatever.

Yet you suggest that they too should be left with nothing, stripped of all property. OK then, not killed, just "neither will have anything".

«I honestly don't want any harm to come to your family Yuyutsu,
But I honestly don't want harm to come to anyone else's family either»

My family doesn't harm anyone else's family, so why harm them by stripping away all they have?

«I just want all people to be able to live in peace and dignity.»

May I suggest this is not going to happen any time soon - we are now living the Kali Yuga, the iron-age, the age of strife, and are destined to remain there for some 426,874 more years. You may find islands of peace, and with the right understanding you can find peace for yourself, but if you expect world-peace then that is unrealistic and you are up for a great disappointment, which is sad.

Go take a holiday from this intense occupation with the Middle-East: once rested you will see so much more!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 7 July 2024 7:10:42 PM
Hi Yuyutsu,
"You would be tired of watching youtube"
Yes it's true, I'm not there, and your family is.

>>Yet you suggest that they too should be left with nothing, stripped of all property. OK then, not killed, just "neither will have anything".<<

Well, if your family isn't doing anything wrong, doesn't support the government and has a healthy attitude towards peace, and lives on land you own - then I accept that my proposal (to boot everyone off) is completely unfair for you.

But lets say there was question of claim by Palestinians on your land, I don't know that there is, but say there is, well those Palestinians won't be getting it either.

I wouldn't just be hypothetically denying you of that land, but denying everyone of it.

Now, I feel like this is a horrible thing to say, in a way.
So take the human loss of life component out of it, pretend everyone's on holiday at the time.

Let me ask what makes a Palestinians home more deserving of being destroyed than your home?

I don't want your families home destroyed.
I don't anyone else's homes destroyed either.

I don't know how all these people are going sort things out, or even if they can.

Youtube, Twitter, there's a few places to get info.
But you need only look at Australian news stories.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 7 July 2024 8:36:52 PM
[Cont.]
VIDEO: At least 16 killed after Israeli strike on school in Gaza
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-07/at-least-16-killed-after-israeli-strike-on-school/104069200

I was making fun of the Christians earlier, because they turn a blind eye to it.
I'm sure they'd have plenty to scream about if an F-16 dropped a bomb on the local religious private school their kids went to.
Hypocrisy.

I'm not one for involving oneself in the internal affairs of other nations.
But we do have the right to an opinion.

I stood against the innocent Israelis killed on October 7.
I told you I saw images of 3 dead middle aged Jewish women well dressed for Yum Kipped stacked on top of each other dead at a bus stop and it offended me and I opposed it.
But what I saw happen afterwards also greatly offended me and I opposed it too.

"You may find islands of peace"
No matter what strife exists, we can always still say 'No it's wrong and offensive to bomb schoolkids'.
Maybe it's better to live in blissful ignorance.
But if you know about it, can you easily ignore it and say nothing?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 7 July 2024 8:38:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16