The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. All
Dear Paul,

«The watch analogy, is it still a watch if you remove the wrist-band, yes it is. Can I ask is it still a watch if you take a hammer and smash it so it can no longer tell you the time, yes it is.»

Fair enough, now what if the smashed mechanism is separated from the glass-case that shows the hours, minutes and seconds, and taken down the road to the watchmaker for repair - is the watch now at home or at the watchmaker?

«However somewhere along the way that simply message got corrupted with all sorts of exceptions and additions added, until the simple message bcome unrecognisable as it is today, that to is religion.»

In old Russia, they used to drink their tea in sugar-cups: more sugar than tea, but after the revolution there was shortage of sugar, so instead they poured the tea in porcelain cups and added 2-3 sugar cubes to it, then just 1 cube, then when there were not enough cubes for the whole family, they hanged a sugar-cube above the table, so everyone would watch it as they drank their tea.

Later on they could not obtain even a single cube of sugar, so they just looked at the string above the table as they drank their tea and imagined a sugar-cube to be there. Eventually, the grandchildren had no clue why this sacred family tradition of hanging a string above the dining-table.

Yet they still have their tea with sugar, or do they?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 5 July 2024 3:46:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The most bloody wars in all human history have been waged primarily in Europe"

Not even close to true:

Three Kingdoms war in China... 200AD 55 million dead
Taiping rebellion in China.... 1850 30 million
Mongol invasions in Asia... 13th century 40 million
The Qing wars - China... 17th century 30 million
Sino-Japanese War - China - 1930s 25 million
An Lushan Rebellion - China 760AD 40 million

Yes there were some bloody wars in Europe but they had nothing on the way the various Asian wars massacred great swathes of humanity. Additionally note that the massacres from the deep past killed vastly greater percentages of people eg its estimated that Genghis Khan was responsible for the death of 10% of humanity at the time.

Don't you just hate it when the facts don't align with what you so want to be true.

AC wrote (or sputtered) "Till you get to the extremes, people going to bible study twice a week, tellingbme The Simpsons are 'work of the devil' blubbering in tongues and screaming fire and brimstone from the pulpit."

You have a very jaundiced view of what Christians are and do. Jaundiced, moronic, monumentally uninformed ie standard AC
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 July 2024 4:06:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Supporting Israel isn't anti-Christian. Israel and the Jews are a nation under threat of destruction but a fanatical, nihilistic group of murderers. Israel and the Jews are exactly the type of people Christians, indeed all right-minded people, should be defending."

The more I think about it, the more I think all religious people are fanatics...

This is what you are defending.
http://www.instagram.com/combconstruction/reel/C80YTMpyr-9/
"The Israeli Minister of National Security Itamar Ben Gvir: The Palestinian prisoners must be killed by shooting them in the head, and until passing this law, we will give them little to live on."

By this standard:
I could argue the Palestinians should just shoot all the Jewish hostages in the head, save feeding them right?
Why not if it's good enough for Israel to have a 'Kill them all' policy.
And don't forget that this guy was the one who had any other Palestinian who celebrated the release of Palestinians locked up and made prisoners again

I could say 'Kill them all' like the ones you defend you good decent christians, execpt I don't support the harm of innocents so my hands are tied.

Israel is a terrorist nation, and to be quite honest I think we should get rid of the Lords Prayer after all, there's no point in it.
For 100 claimed Christians, you'd be lucky to find one that actually is one.
The rest of you are just supporting genocidal lunatics drunk on ethic cleasing for land theft.

Stuff your stupid religions.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 5 July 2024 4:08:37 PM
"Yet they still have their tea with sugar, or do they?"

Yes they do. Indeed when you visit Russia its almost impossible to get a cuppa which hasn't been pre-sweetened beyond what we'd consider drinkable. And when you explain that you want unsweetened tea and explain how to make it, they look at you like you're from another dimension.

Same with coffee, and, in some places, the same with milk.

Consequently I used to drink a lot of mineral water in Russia ( the best I've ever tasted) and an unreasonable amount of vodka. When I became cluey-er and learnt how to get things past border control, I used to carry a personal supply of tea bags and order a pot of hot water.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 July 2024 4:13:32 PM
My Russian Gran preferred her tea with raspberry jam.
Or when she had a cold - with honey.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 July 2024 4:19:29 PM
AC,

You're becoming increasingly deranged so its difficult to have anything like a reasoned discussion on this but...

Just because people support Israel in general and the need for Israel to eliminate Hamas for their and the good of the planet in particular, doesn't mean they support every word uttered by every person in Israel. (that's your derangement kicking in).

You support Hamas. Hamas has said that, given the chance, they will perform more and more 7 Octobers (rape and murder) until no Jews remain in the Levant. Clearly, by your deranged standard, you must support that
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 July 2024 4:33:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13