The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

The Australian Left's Attacks On Christianity6

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. All
Here is a link to the European wars of religion, which was
the topic being discussed earlier regarding Christianity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion#:
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 July 2024 5:20:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, there were lots of wars in Europe.

But "[t]he most bloody wars in all human history..."??

Not even close. Glad you caught up....or caught on.

I can now see you're trying to change the goalposts to make it just about religious wars, but again that fails. Check the list I wrote above...many of them were also religious wars.

As we see with people like AC, most of those who see Christianity or religion in general as being the root of all evil do so from a perspective of utter historic ignorance.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 July 2024 5:25:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

Using one or more as an example, could I ask to what degree it was, in your view, that Christianity was integral to the movements and revolutions you’ve listed in this comments section, and how exactly you believe it facilitated the changes?

For context, I have asked this question of others who held a similar view, but selective interpretations and post hoc rationalisations were all I’d ever get. Oversimplifications were rife, too, and other factors likely contributing to the changes never seemed to be controlled for.
Posted by John Daysh, Friday, 5 July 2024 6:07:16 PM
The Muslim Senator affair has raised the spectre of religious-based political parties.

Heaven forbid!

But, there is no stopping politicians from making decisions based on their religious beliefs.

The Muslim Senator has demonstrated this. Christian politicians have undoubtedly done the same thing, without making a fuss about it.

Our economy is being wrecked by the religion of climate change.

Religion cannot be ignored. Australians have to decide whether they want Christianity or Islam. Neither is not an option. People of faith, including politicians, are not going to drop their personal beliefs because atheists think they should.

We have already allowed ourselves to be dominated by the climate religionists.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 6 July 2024 8:21:30 AM
"You're becoming increasingly deranged so its difficult to have anything like a reasoned discussion on this but..."

This coming from 'Christians 4 genocide'?
Gimme a break...

I'm surprised you Christians don't all go on a mission to Palestine.
Maybe you can find some Palestinian kids and all take turns clubbing them to death like baby harp seals.
Good little Christian soldiers

"Just because people support Israel in general and the need for Israel to eliminate Hamas"
Hamas isn't going to be defeated you fool.
Hamas is an ideology, an idea of 'Resistance'
I told you this on October 8, I told you it was a recruitment drive.
Israel has murdered 100,000 plus people for nothing.

Who do you think PLO stood for?
Palestinian LIBERATION Organisation.

Israel can murder all 7+ million of the Palestinians.
And when you get down to that last Palestinian man and woman remaining:
- They will continue to resist and want to be liberated from this terrorist state.

October 7 was a prison revolt.
Yes you can expect more of them, it's inevitable.

Why don't you go attack Hezbollah?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 6 July 2024 8:48:03 AM
"We have already allowed ourselves to be dominated by the climate religionists."
- No, it's not the hippy tree huggers, it's the elites dictating how they think you should live.
After all, the peasants exist as collective cash-cows to serve them.
We won't go into 'religions and nationalities' here.

BlackRock’s Fink Calls For Energy Pragmatism, Omits ESG From Annual Letter
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmcgowan/2024/03/27/blackrocks-fink-calls-for-energy-pragmatism-omits-esg-from-annual-letter/

Conservative Outrage Over ESG And DEI Fueled By 2017 BlackRock CEO Video
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmcgowan/2023/06/05/conservative-outrage-over-esg-and-dei-fueled-by-2017-blackrock-ceo-video/?sh=7464e8e783da

Liberalism is a top down thing, you serve the elites in the hope they throw you some crumbs.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 6 July 2024 9:06:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14