The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Screams before Silence.

Screams before Silence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
"antisemitism"
http://twitter.com/realstewpeters/status/1785842750979469753

BREAKING: The "antisemitism" law that just passed in the House does NOT just make it illegal to criticize Jews.

It makes it ILLEGAL to preach the GOSPEL.

The House of Representatives just voted to make Christianity illegal in America. Let that sink in.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 May 2024 12:03:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Once again, thanks for the thread and video. I'm off. The hate-filled crap by OLO's top 2 leading nutters is too much for my stomach.

Freedom of speech means other people get to say things you don't like.

Freedom of speech does not protect the speech we love, it doesn't need protection
- it protects the speech we hate because that speech has the right to challenge us.

- So before you nod off, have a thought for eKaren and what it's really all about.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 May 2024 12:15:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

You quote Ben-Gurion and think (for want of a more appropriate word) that it proves something. It doesn't. Way back, around the time when Ben-Gurion was leader of Israel, Arthur Caldwell, leader of the ALP, said, in regards to the white Australia policy..."Two wongs don't make a white". Does that prove that Australia is for all time racist? If some dill dug the quote up and used it as evidence against current Australian policy, would you agree it proves Australia is forever racist? No? Same with your inane Ben-Gurion quote.

AC,

you've got to learn to stop falling for these twitter fools.
"The House of Representatives just voted to make Christianity illegal in America. Let that sink in."

That's not even close to what they did, Just a few morons who opposed the bill making up idiotic stuff about it to try to reel in the usual dills. They'll be please that in your case it worked.

FYI, the bill, which hasn't passed Congress yet(!!), merely defines 'antisemitism'. Nothing else. It doesn't ban the Bible or Christianity. The definition is a widely used one running into some 500 words. Perhaps they could have saved time by just putting one or two of your posts up to define antisemitism.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 3 May 2024 1:49:28 PM
mhaze,

Your accusation against me of being Anti-Semitic in
quoting David Ben-Gurion, the first Prime Minister
of Israel is low. Even for you. You continue to
disappoint.

Your reference to the man as a "dead leader," does
not make sense in this context. People quote from
all sorts of leaders to make a point. In this case
Ben Gurion's words were relevant. They were meant
for us to try to start relating to the conflict in
human terms.

But, at least you haven't referred to the Palestinians
as beasts or called for a second Nakba or the use of
nuclear weapons.

ttbn,

I'm not sure who the lunatics are that you've referred to
in your post - but if they have offended you with their
opinions - you should hear the ones they keep to themselves.
(smile).

I smile because I post on this forum. I laugh because
there's nothing you can do about it.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 May 2024 2:25:28 PM
"Your accusation against me of being Anti-Semitic in quoting David Ben-Gurion, "

I didn't make that accusation. I have observed that you are antisemitic but not for quoting a long dead leader as though his views have relevance today. That's not antisemitic, just idiotic.

"But, at least you haven't referred to the Palestinians as beasts or called for a second Nakba or the use of nuclear weapons."

Huh? I'm sure you think that makes sense or is relevant byt alas you'd be wrong.

I have however called for an end to the conflict, but just on terms that you and your ilk find unacceptable ie the surrender of Hamas.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 3 May 2024 2:49:01 PM
mhaze,

Hamas has asked for Israeli forces to get out of their
occupied territories. Israel refuses. And the blame game
continues.

Jews and Arabs, Israelis and Palestinians have to see
each other as fellow human beings entitled to equal
respect, rights, and protections.

" The only way to eliminate war is to love our children more
than we hate our enemies."

( Golda Meir).
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 May 2024 3:19:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11