The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Screams before Silence.

Screams before Silence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 24
  15. 25
  16. 26
  17. All
"AC, desperately searching for some reason to hope that Hamas might yet be saved, pins his hopes on university kids."

I'm not motivated by Hamas being 'saved' sorry.
I'm more motivated against innocent lives being taken needlessly.

And you know what, I thought about it earlier...
All of those on the right, who are complaining about these university campus protests, there's and ugly, sinister quite disgusting side of it...

The truth... and it is actually really ugly;
Is that those who stand in opposition to the protests...
- Are actually supportive of the continuation of the genocide.
You won't come out and say it, but it's true.

Sometimes, it's not what a person says,
You have to stand back and look at what's missing.
What's missing here, I'll tell you.

Not one word of compassion, regret or sympathy for the innocent lives lost on the Palestinians side.
Those lives just don't count to you, it doesn't even register.

Your whole entire view of the subject is one sided.
You make claims about things that happened on Oct 7,
But the fact that 35,000 innocent people, mostly women and kids have been exterminated...
Blown to bloody pieces in deaths at least as equally heinous as anything Hamas is accused of.
- Well they just don't exist to you, only an Israeli life matters.

If the university kids weren't a concern, the coalition wouldn't be calling to legislate financial penalties upon universities that fail to break up encampments protesting the Gaza invasion.

- sanctions -

They can't have this university thing.
Israel won't be able to continue it's genocide.
They'll use claims of racism and student safety to justify putting an end to their free speech, but you know young people the more you try to tell them no, the more they will deliberately defy you, just to make a point.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 5 May 2024 8:08:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I watched "Compass" last night.

Here's the following link for you:

http://abc.net.au/news/2024-05-06/compass-not-in-my-name-gaza-antony-loewenstein/103789964
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 May 2024 8:15:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting article Foxy.
It's funny how the anti-trumpers had Trump Derangement Syndrome. (sorry)
But the pro-Israel brigade just can't see they also have a form of derangement syndrome too.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 6 May 2024 10:25:06 AM
Hi AC,

While watching "Compass" last night and seeing the
footage of Gaza - I couldn't help thinking what a
beautiful place it must have been once - what a shame
that the beauty can't return and that people could
live together peacefully. If only they could see each other
as human beings.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 May 2024 11:06:09 AM
"It is important to note as the two academics tell us
"That the high court appeal did not aske whether Pell
committed the offences.

It asked whether the two judges in the Victorian Court of
Appeal, in dismissing Pell's earlier appeal, made an error
about the nature and application of correct legal
principles.""

Yep. And as I previously proved to the satisfaction to anyone not named Foxy, the High Court found that the Appeals Court was wrong to have not overthrown the original finding because there was NO evidence that the rapes ever took place and the "cascading improbabilities" provided evidence that it was highly likely that the witness for the prosecution lied.

Pell died an exonerated and free man. The legal system finally made the only just decision which was always going to happen once the case got out of the Victorian system.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 6 May 2024 12:40:43 PM
Foxy keeps telling us she's "out" and then posting the very next day.

But I'm out. Even a cat playing with a mouse finally gets bored and making fools of AC and Foxy is growing wearisome.

They keep making claims that are ridiculous and when shown to be ridiculous, they don't defend, retract, or alter their ridiculous views...just move onto more ridiculous claims.

eg AC tells us the Iranian attack was successful. I show how unsuccessful it was. Response.....crickets.

Half of Foxy's posts are telling us she doesn't want to talk about this or that issue, having found out that her original claims of said issue are ridiculous.

Making clowns look clownish eventually wears off.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 6 May 2024 12:46:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16