The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > AI tool permit Israel to kill civilians

AI tool permit Israel to kill civilians

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 24
  12. 25
  13. 26
  14. All
Well said Foxy

Ordinarily Israel would limit its revenge killing to 10 Arab civilians for each Israeli civilian murdered - ergo expectations were 13,000 dead Arab civilians in revenge for the 1,300 Israelis murdered on or after October 7, 2023.

Israel's revenge invasion post October 7 then may have ended in December 2023. But Netanyahu has exceeded the expectations of even his most extreme followers.

For political reasons Netanyahu has kept the killing going because his rightwing Israeli governing coalition needs to survive. It needs to protect him from being ousted because he was asleep at the security wheel in not foreseeing the October 7 attack.

Netanyahu has long credited himself as the saviour of Israel's state security. One claim to fame is that he served in Israel's counter-terrorism Special Forces. But he has now failed dismally.

Palestinians generally and Gazan civilians specifically are paying with their lives to keep Netanyahu in power.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/18/israel-starvation-used-weapon-war-gaza
Posted by Maverick, Friday, 5 April 2024 2:11:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester,

Then where do you put Peter Dutton and his supporters?
Or Pauline Hanson and hers?
And the list goes on?

What about Donald Trump?

What about Putin?

Are followers of the Pope also cultish?

We could go on and on.

I guess it is a question of one's values, culture, education
and of course politics.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 April 2024 2:14:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Mavs,

I've come across an article in Quora that I think is
worth a read. It was written by an Israeli who lives
in Tel Aviv, Noam Cohen.

He asks and answers the question - "Should I support Israel
or Palestine?"

If you go into the link I give and click onto "Should I
support Israel or Palestine?" you'll be able to read his
article.

Well worth it, in my opinion:

http://quora.com/profile/Noam-Cohen-6
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 April 2024 2:20:36 PM
Foxy,

Everyone has opinions and should be free to hold them. Things drift into cultism when people feel compelled to hold the same view as the cult leader. I found your arguing for the Voice and about the length of the Uluru statement as claimed by Albo to be good examples. Another feature of cults is to vilify people who differ in opinion. This was the case with the Voice and led to many people opposed to it being silent.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 5 April 2024 2:54:32 PM
"Ordinarily Israel would limit its revenge killing to 10 Arab civilians for each Israeli civilian murdered "

That's simply rubbish. All the polling and even the anti-Israeli correspondents on the ground agree that the vast majority of Israelis want the war to continue until the hostages (did you forget about them?) are returned AND Hamas is eliminated. Nought to do with revenge and everything to do with future security.

Those who constantly pine and whine for the end of Netanyahu will be badly disappointed if that were to happen since his likely successor is entirely in agreement with the current policies as are the vast majority of parliamentarians and the populace.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 5 April 2024 2:54:59 PM
If Hamas released the over 139 persons or bodies of Israeli citizens the war would cease. But No, the dogged Hamas want Israel removed is the only answer they want. The Gazan population is suffering because of Hamas. There are more than 30,000 Hamas combatants, and so far, Israel has not neutralized Hamas, nor have they released their captive citizens. The war will go on till all Israel citizens are returned.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 5 April 2024 4:12:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 24
  12. 25