The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

The fallacy of a 2 state solution for Palestine.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
I'm pointing out that the Gazans throwing the chance of a free and prosperous homeland back in the faces of the Israelis and instead using the opportunity to use the land the Israelis had freely withdrawn from as a base to attack and kill Israelis, was the final nail in the 2 state proposal.

Not being aware of it means that any claims about knowing the solution to the Levant's woes is mere cant.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 23 February 2024 1:22:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Critic,

What Mhaze tells is correct:

Between Rabin and Netanyahu there was an Israeli Prime Minister named Ariel Sharon and he initiated this brave unilateral and complete withdrawal from Gaza, and even from a section of the northern West Bank, in 2005, in the hope that the Gazans will be free, happy, grateful and preserve the peace.

Israel has not settled Gaza since.

Sharon was truly courageous because he dared to face the fierce Jewish settlers.

In turn, the Rabbis placed a kind of a Jewish voodoo curse on Sharon, lighting black candles and calling upon the angels of destruction to kill him. 6 months later, Sharon had a couple of major brain strokes and was left in a vegetative coma state until he died 8 years later. That same curse was earlier also placed on Yitzhak Rabin.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/sharon-not-frightened-by-ancient-jewish-death-curse-20050728-gdlrql.html
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 23 February 2024 2:52:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, I stand corrected in 1973, 50 years ago the Arabs did have another go "Yom Kippur War" which involved Egypt and Syria. With US supplied military hardware Israel prevailed. The situation is somewhat different today.

p/s Unlike you, I don't constantly Google stuff to get my facts.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 23 February 2024 3:14:23 PM
There will be no 2 state solution, as one state, the Zionist State, is busy wiping out the inhabitants of the other state. The latest weapon employed by the Zionists is mass starvation, just like the Nazi's starved the Jews in their concentration camps, the Zionists are forcing the Palestinian people onto a starvation diet of leaves and twigs. Its estimated that thousands of Palestinians will die of starvation over the next few months.
Posted by Soap Box, Saturday, 24 February 2024 5:37:14 AM
Pauliar,

You seldom resort to facts. The Arab countries attempted the genocide of the Jewish nation in 1948, 1967, and 1973 and the murder of Jews continuously.

Most of the wars did not use US weaponry usually a hodge podge from all countries i.e. UK tanks, French Mirages etc. The move to US arms was later.
Posted by shadowminister, Saturday, 24 February 2024 5:39:06 AM
Paul wrote: " Unlike you, I don't constantly Google stuff to get my facts."

Perhaps you should.

But I didn't need to Google anything on this. I was already well aware of the details of Yom Kippur. Indeed we had a discussion of it on OLO many moons ago where I had to set SR straight on many of the facts he got wrong.

Aging myself, Yom Kippur was the first war I was old enough to understand and follow. I recall my father's distress at my 'ruining' his newspaper as I sought out the details of the manoeuvres and spending ages listening to radio reports of the fighting. It was this period when I first came to realise how pervasive was the 'fog of war'.

BTW, it wasn't just Egypt and Syria. Many other Arab states joined in on the efforts to destroy the Jewish state, including Jordan and Iraq.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 24 February 2024 6:00:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17