The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Media bias towards Israeli deaths over Palestinians in Gaza

Media bias towards Israeli deaths over Palestinians in Gaza

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Dear Critic,

«Israel consistently ranks the highest in West Asia for documented cases of rape and sexual assaults.»

Ah, West Asia, the cradle of human civilisation, the Arab world in other words, where a girl is considered merchandise and married off young in deals between clans, so when the perpetrator is her "husband", that is not counted as rape or a sexual assault. A raped girl is considered damaged goods and is often eliminated by her family so they don't have to bear the shame. For obvious reasons, girls and their mothers would never report such incidents.

«APCCI said that the rate of violent sexual offenses in Israel was 10 percent higher than the average for Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries»

Why OECD? Of all "West Asia" countries, only Turkyie and Israel are members of the OECD.

Referring to the original Israeli website (sorry, it is in Hebrew, they also have an English version but it is abridged): http://www.1202.org.il/centers-union/info/statistics/general-data

Worldwide, according to WHO, 35% of women are sexually attacked during lifetime.
In Israel, the estimate is "one in three".

«A Knesset report from the same year revealed that nearly half of the sexual abuse cases between 2019 and 2020 involved underage girls.»

18.3% of Israeli girls under 16 were sexually attacked, 46.5% of them more than once.

Among those attacked: 29.7% of Jewish boys and girls up to 16 were attacked within the family, whereas among Arab Israelis, that number is 2/3 (no decimal figure provided).

«Israel's own shocking domestic sexual violence crisis, in which 260 Israeli women and minors are raped each day»

According to the source, the number is 230.
Who added the extra 30 in order to make it "shocking" and 10% higher?
How much would you rely on such sources, say for your financial investments?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 17 March 2024 4:45:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This stream is almost a month old!
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 17 March 2024 6:32:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Ah, West Asia, the cradle of human civilisation, the Arab world in other words, where a girl is considered merchandise and married off young in deals between clans, so when the perpetrator is her "husband", that is not counted as rape or a sexual assault. A raped girl is considered damaged goods and is often eliminated by her family so they don't have to bear the shame. For obvious reasons, girls and their mothers would never report such incidents."

It's a bit messed up maybe.
To hide the rape of a woman because it brings a family shame
It kind of all seems to be based around a woman being a mans property
And no man wants the tainted property (raped woman)
When it's the men who rape them.

Kind-of messed up deal if you're born female.
Raped, shamed, shunned and then passed over for being such.

I'm not sure if these a bit of buggering of young boys going on in these places as well, though I'm not sure how widespread it is if so.

"Why OECD? Of all "West Asia" countries, only Turkyie and Israel are members of the OECD."
- Typical of articles these days to cherry pick or twist facts to sell a pre-existing bias, rather than give us the bigger picture without bias.
I think were all being lead down the garden path these days no matter what we read, the people writing the stories are biased too.

"How much would you rely on such sources, say for your financial investments?"
- That's a pretty sound argument, I like it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 18 March 2024 7:54:36 PM
A vary serious meeting was held in Moscow in the last week or two.
It was chaired by the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister and attended by
the PLO and the Palestinian Authority, Qartar and other Arab countries
and a number of terrorist groups including Hamas.
They agreed to form a "Technocratic" government.
The terrorist organisations members are to be known as "puppets".
Hamas is to be an invisible member.
This strikes me as being a very dangerous organisation for the West.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/20482/palestinian-authority-united-hamas

The interesting part is I have not seen a report anywhere in our
media of this meeting. Has anyone else seen a report of this meeting ?
A question, is Putin moving to use them as his pet terrorists ?
Posted by Bezza, Monday, 18 March 2024 10:07:08 PM
I just went back to that link I gave above and the article has been
considerably expanded.
The Financial Times was quoted as asking questions.
Posted by Bezza, Monday, 18 March 2024 10:17:46 PM
Why Do Young Americans Support Hamas? Look at TikTok.
November 1, 2023
http://gallagher.house.gov/media/columns/why-do-young-americans-support-hamas-look-tiktok

>>Rep. Mike Gallagher

According to a Harvard/Harris poll, 51 percent of Americans ages 18–24 believe Hamas was justified in its brutal terrorist attacks on innocent Israeli citizens on October 7.

[Poll Reference Page 43]
http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/HHP_Oct23_KeyResults.pdf

I read that statistic at a time where I thought I’d lost the capacity to be shocked. For weeks, I’ve seen the clips and read the firsthand stories documenting Hamas’s atrocities: burned bodies, decapitated babies, raped women, children tied together with their parents, mutilated corpses. I’d seen the rallies on elite campuses celebrating Hamas’s murderous cause, the faculty letters excusing the terrorists. I thought I had grasped the extent of the moral rot. I thought I had seen the bottom.

But I hadn’t.

How did we reach a point where a majority of young Americans hold such a morally bankrupt view of the world? Where many young Americans were rooting for terrorists who had kidnapped American citizens—and against a key American ally? Where were they getting the raw news to inform this upside-down world view?<<

* Roughly 50% of people 18 - 35 thought Hamas was justified in its Oct 7 attack
Also here's the basis for proposed Tik Tok legislation. 'AntiSemitism'
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 19 March 2024 7:41:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy