The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are The Opposition Parties Dead In The Water?

Are The Opposition Parties Dead In The Water?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
The Conservatives have already gone the way the Left is travelling on now !
We'll just have to bide our time for common sense to make a feeble comeback !
As long as Universities aren't held to account, their two-legged products will continue to destabilise economics with the help of Unions.
Gone are the days when Unis produced brainy, useful people & Unions cared about people !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 28 March 2023 8:40:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There was a time in 2014 when the Libs were in power in Canberra and every state other than South Australia. I'm sure at that time there were bozos like Paul who wondered if the Labor Party would ever make a come-back or could find a leader to take them to the promised land. Some of us are still wondering that.

The nature of Australia politics is that there are swings back and forth between the parties. This will have gone over the heads of the historically challenged like Paul who always make the mistake of seeing long term trends in short term chance occurrences.

The nature of politics in the era of the uni-party where the difference between the two 'majors' is in style not substance, is that each takes its turn. The people are dissatisfied with the state of the nation and therefore occasionally seek to shake things up by appointing the other party who are furiously offering the same thing. (For example, the biggest issue in NSW seems to have been the privatisation of water deliverance system, which the Libs promised not to do and the Labs strenuously promised not to do!!. Uni-party indeed).

So will the Libs find a leader to take them on a new course? No. But they will find leaders who are just electable enough that the dissatisfied electorate will give a chance to do just as little as their uni-party predecessors.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 28 March 2023 9:53:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The village idiot clearly has a short memory. Maybe it's dementia.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 28 March 2023 10:18:26 AM
You know the clueless forum far right Trumpsters don't have an answer when all they can do is belch out their rubbishy name calling, bozo and village idiot etc.

One cleans toilets for a living, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he comes on here at another time claiming he is running a 100 million dollar business, and is a man of "legal letters" I think the word is DELUSIONAL! The other one claims he has something to do with running federal elections, AMAZING!

So we have MR DELUSIONAL and MR AMAZING, now isn't that something. Don't worry fellas, Nursy will be along shortly with your dose of 'Doze Ezy' for the night, sweet dreams.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 28 March 2023 7:00:33 PM
I point out that Paul's assertions (claims without evidence) are misplaced and draw his attention to his lack of historic memory and his response is to throw a tantrum. Perhaps addressing the issue that he raised might have been more adult. But alas....its Paul.

BTW I didn't claim to run the Federal elections, only that I ran one of the several thousand voting booths at that election. But I mentioned that a year ago. How could anyone expect Paul to remember that?

So back to the issue that Paul himself raised and now wants to avoid. The Libs are in a position that the majors have found themselves in several times over the past few decades....ie out of power everywhere. They will hang in there, wait for the Labs to screw up and then regain power, just as always occurs. Will they unearth a new spiritual leader in the meantime? I doubt it. But they don't need to. The ALP didn't.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 28 March 2023 9:30:28 PM
mhaze,

"The Libs are in a position that the majors have found themselves in several times over the past few decades....ie out of power everywhere. They will hang in there, wait for the Labs to screw up and then regain power, just as always occurs ..."

That's if they don't implode.

They will at least have to reinvent themselves ... judging by their school kid high-jinks during question time, they have very little left to offer.

I'm curious to see who will take them forward when night-watchman, the splendidly vacuous Dutton, is moved aside.
Posted by Poirot., Tuesday, 28 March 2023 10:26:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy