The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Fall Of The American :

The Fall Of The American :

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65113186
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 2 April 2023 3:12:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Fester,
I certainly don't know the truth about all things...
And I'd never want to be the type of person that claims they do.

After looking at what the west has been doing for years I for one know that 80% of what the corporate media says is propaganda, whereas the average Joe just believes what they're told.
- The corporate media's job is to mislead, misinform or persuade the general public.

Also I have a kind of a 6th sense, maybe a kind of feeling into smelling BS when it comes to some of this stuff.
- Because I've watched a lot of stuff over the years that has maybe taught me to understand the Wests modus operandi.

Even in this forum thread and maybe the earlier Russian related one, I said from the start I didn't buy into this 'stolen Ukrainian children narrative, a few days ago I argued against the likeliness of what was said, and then this morning I read and shared an article where the truth was laid out, and it was just as I had earlier said, that it was BS.

As for that BBC article you added, what they're actually saying is this:
'The west has no opportunity to conduct regime change in Russia to install a leader more favorable to our interests'.

The people in question are probably either western aligned / sponsored opposition, or stupid.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 2 April 2023 5:23:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

We are the peanut gallery. Not truth diviners, but patrons. At least we want to know what is happening. The father of that kid who did the unpatriotic drawing got caught in Belarus: Used his phone unfortunately, although he was told not to.

I think that Bakhmut has been a nasty trap for the Russians and has probably been instructive for the Ukrainians. Difficult months ahead.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 2 April 2023 8:43:45 PM
Hi Fester,
Even Progozhin (Head of Wagner Group) said that Alexei Moskalyov's treatment was unfair, and I agree.
- But Russia is being so careful not to allow any dissent whatsoever, or else there will be thousands of western sponsored / aligned Russians causing civil unrest i.e regime change, and that's exactly the type of trouble the West would love nothing better than to help cause.

It's unfair, but just the way it has to be, for if they give an inch others will soon take a mile.
It sends a message 'Don't do this'
I seriously doubt Russia would act this way unless it was imperative they defend against Western sponsored civil unrest.
- The West would love to cause a 'Moscow Maidan'.

http://www.wionews.com/world/who-is-alexei-moskalyov-russian-man-whose-daughter-drew-anti-war-pictures-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison-576905

"The founder of the Wagner Group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, called the court's decision unfair and asked for a review. Wagner Group is Russia's most fierce mercenary group involved in the war in Ukraine. He wrote a letter to the case prosecutor and published it on the Telegram account of his press service. He wrote, "Especially because his daughter Masha will be forced to grow up in an orphanage."

Prigozhin called for lawyers associated with Wagner to be allowed to work for the defender in a joint appeal. Furthermore, the banned human rights group Memorial referred to Moskalyov as a political prisoner."

- Alexei Moskalyov was located and detained in Belarus a few days ago.

Belarus detains Russian over daughter's Ukraine sketch
http://www.dw.com/en/belarus-detains-russian-over-daughters-ukraine-sketch/a-65188831
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 2 April 2023 10:54:55 PM
"I think that Bakhmut has been a nasty trap for the Russians and has probably been instructive for the Ukrainians."

- Russia has more or less completely destroyed the Ukrainian military in Bakhmut. Ukraine is now short on troops, they've been relocating them from other fronts to try to defend Bakmut. I saw a chart a few days ago that showed population by age group comparing 2021 to 2023, there's hardly any 20 - 25 year old young blokes left, a great many have been killed already.

Zelensky's defense of Bakmut is all about PR.

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy: Any Russian victory could be perilous
http://apnews.com/article/ukraine-zelenskyy-russia-putin-bakhmut-2334ec3a5b74d3cc3c4e012db71920e5
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 2 April 2023 11:09:16 PM
Hi AC,

"I seriously doubt Russia would act this way unless it was imperative they defend against Western sponsored civil unrest."

As Russia does not have a separation of powers it reflects Putin's fear of dissent. People will have a range of opinions on all manner of things. Was Alexei Moskalyov's part of some western plot? I think it highly unlikely, but being on the other side of the world I have no eyes and ears there. What I note is that it was the reaction of authorities that attracted media attention, not the drawing.

The status of the armies will become more apparent in the coming months. What is known with certainty is that the Russian army has been unable to capture Bakhmut thus far.
Posted by Fester, Monday, 3 April 2023 7:31:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21