The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could A Reich Citizens Movement Exist In Australia

Could A Reich Citizens Movement Exist In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
Hey Is Mise,
Yes do you make a fair point.
Sometimes I do blabber on a bit more than necessary.

I heard the cops were shot first, and then executed afterwards.
If this is indeed the case, I don't think they would've surrendered.
I'd still like to know the full story, but with police shot, well never see any footage of the events I don't think, and will have to rely on whatever we're told.

4 police in 2 vehicles to follow up on a missing persons case...
Maybe they knew they were dangerous, but ever since I heard some of the details I feel like there's more to the story.

I heard they set a fire to try and burn down the bush to try and get the young female cop to reveal her location.
- It seems she was a very lucky girl.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 13 December 2022 9:29:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,
I'm not opposed to making it more difficult for idiots to get their hands on them, but then there's always the arguments about taking guns from law abiding citizens when criminals aren't giving theirs up, and only a good person with a gun can take out a bad person with a gun etc.
And that in the US specifically, the right to bear arms is for the purposes of a militia to remove a tyrannical government.
(It's supposed to be the last 'checks and balances' on a tyrannical government - a law that existed from when the British attacked)
- It sure is a high price to pay though with so many fatalities.

I'm sure you've heard all the arguments.
But I do think that farmers with livestock etc probably do have a legitimate use for them, putting down sick animals or predators.
Ultimately, I'm kind of glad there is less guns on the streets rather than more.

I feel bad for these cops and their families, it seems all very needless.
I don't know what they were up to / trying to hide / state of mind / radicalised beliefs - to just open fire on police though.
- Which is another reason why I'd like to know the full story.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 13 December 2022 9:45:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The moderator deleted the village idiot's post too.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 14 December 2022 5:17:57 AM
Hi AC,

I hear what you say and agree. My ideal position is no guns for no one, the realistic position is the police should be armed as they are, with strict protocols as to the use of those weapons. There are a few private examples where it is legitimate for a private citizen to have access as well, again with strict protocols. Issy likes to give me stick over my attitude, particularly on the question of "self defence", the notion than anyone should be able to get a gun licence, and thereafter a gun for the reason of self defence, very much the American argument, and that's NSW Shooters Party policy. That cop out would give gun access to 97% of the population. I'm also concerned about the so called "recreational shooter" the weekend Rambo types. Then there is target shooters like Issy, I'm fairly okay with that, but under very strict controls.

One thing that does concern me is the number of "stolen" guns, from so called law abiding citizens, its out of all proportion. The fact is criminals use good citizens to facilitate them obtaining guns, remembering every illegal gun was at some stage legal, be it where it was manufactured, or be it the original purchaser.

I believe our gun laws are reasonably robust, but there are areas of failure, and there are those like the Shooters and Hooters party that seek to "white ant" those laws at every opportunity.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 14 December 2022 6:18:34 AM
Just a small point,
“. . .remembering every illegal gun was at some stage legal, be it where it was manufactured, or be it the original purchaser. “
Not true, as we read from time to time criminals are caught manufacturing illegal guns, guns which start out as bits of scrap metal or finished pieces at a hardware store. There is plenty on the Internet on how to make sub machine gun etc.
The rapid advances in electronic firearms could soon see a whole new set of laws being implemented to no effect.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 14 December 2022 7:47:59 AM
What a tragic incident for all concerned in Queensland.
I haven not heard the entire story - but either way
there must be lessons to be learned for all concerned.
I hope that an investigation will give people some
closure - and make them better prepared to avoid these
sort of hellish situations. What could have affected a
man who was a school principal - to have this change
in personality and turn to violence? Were there any
warning signs? My prayers go out for all concerned.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 14 December 2022 8:37:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11