The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could A Reich Citizens Movement Exist In Australia

Could A Reich Citizens Movement Exist In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
The extreme left and the extreme right are very similar: like Coke and Pepsi- both fighting for the same market.

Movements attract misfits. Their desire to save the world usually corresponds with personal unhappiness.

Movements also attract misfits because they take all comers: people who can't make friends or fill in their days are relieved of these problems by remaining obedient to the cause
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 December 2022 10:30:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

Why are you so concerned about violence from the fringe of the fringe when the bulk of violence comes from the establishment?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 December 2022 10:46:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe in the 'horseshoe effect' in politics, where the extremes of left and right are not at opposite ends of a linear continuum, but like the shape of a horseshoe each end of the extremism approaches the other as it moves further from the moderate top centre. Put it in human terms Hitler was like Stalin and vice versa, not opposites but alike in many ways.

Hi david f,
Good to see you put up a post, yes true the rise of fascism was there in Australia during the 1920's and 30's. The Old Man would tell me how popular fascism was in Australia, as was communism at that time. The popularity of fascism is evidenced by the rise of the 'New Guard' paramilitary fascists organisation in the 1930's. At its height under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Eric Campbell (actually Campbell held the rank of Lieutenant during WWI, Cambell was an educated man) with an "army" of 50,000 volunteer soldiers the New Guard, an off shoot of the 1920's 'Old Guard' which they opposed as being too inactive and ineffective they adopted a Mussolini style agenda of direct action. Much of their stated aims would sit well with some in Australia today.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 9 December 2022 2:40:00 PM
Yuyutsu,
Are you still with us or are you posting from a country that doesn’t have conscription?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 9 December 2022 3:12:00 PM
Hi Yuyutsu

"Why are you so concerned about violence from the fringe of the fringe when the bulk of violence comes from the establishment?"

I am concerned about all forms of violence, see my thread on Danny Lim, establishment violence against a single human being, see my long battle with some on here about war, and government sanctioned mass murder, I oppose violence against the individual, women, minorities, children etc etc, the list goes on. Having said that I can't ignore radical extremism, and its associated violence in the form of terrorism, and its potential as outlined by ASIO chief Mike Burgess back in February. Recent developments in both America and this week in Germany tells us not to be complacent as there is a potential for the same to occur in Australia. The Cronulla riots of 2005 where dozens were injured and many within the placid community sympathised with the rioters believing they had a legitimate reason to act the way they did.

Hi Foxy,

"Personally I think that most Australians are far too laid back to be influenced greatly by this sort of extremism."

The danger is in complacency and ignorance, where the majority are not active participants but feel the extreme have some justification for their actions. The Capitol Riots in the US was undertaken by a very small group of extremist, but millions passively supported them, rationalising their action as being a legitimate cause. The Covid protest in Melbourne drew a fringe element of extremists, to quote Claire Woodley who dedicated her singing of 'I Am Australian' to "the victims of Satanic ritual abuse".

Complacency is the friend of extremism.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 9 December 2022 4:15:42 PM
I think the whole thing is overstated.
Firstly 50 people are not going to overthrow a government with a population of 83 million.
Secondly, lets say they were 'plotting' to overthrow the government.
They hadn't actually done it yet had they?
- All they were doing probably, was discussing it.

And why wouldn't they discuss it?
This what happens when the government fails to put the interests of it's own people first.
- When governments care more about what their colleagues in power want then what their own citizens want.

Baerbock - "I stand with Ukraine. No matter what German voters think."
http://youtu.be/C9NiKUO99Cc

You start doing that shite to your citizens, and you're inviting a revolt.
It shows that we've reached a period where democracy is total bs, and leaders can get away with anything.

Take this coal and gas cap, I oppose it, I don't want any discount.
I see it as screwing the Australian people over three times

First our government provides support for Ukraine, prolonging the conflict.
Prolonging the needless deaths of innocent people.
How much did it cost us in military aid?
That's the first time we get screwed.

Next because our nation supported the sanctions, that means they themselves are responsible for the increases in energy prices.

- The war is one thing, the sanctions are another.
In order to punish Russia they're willing to punish their own citizens.
How much did supporting the sanctions cost Australian businesses and consumers in increased energy prices?

Thirdly, they want to keep support for Ukraine going but they want to placate the people.
So they create a coal and gas cap, which again the Australian taxpayers will have to pay for.

It's a sneaky way to placate the people so they can continue to support the things that caused the energy crisis.

So they've screwed us 3 times
1/ giving money and military aid
2/ supporting sanctions and causing increased energy costs for businesses and consumers
3/ coal and gas cap which will be government debt which we the Australian people will have to pay for in taxes.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 9 December 2022 8:05:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy