The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mandatory vaccinations > Comments

Mandatory vaccinations : Comments

By Helen Lobato, published 23/12/2008

Mandatory vaccinations for health workers are likely to lead to a greater shortage of nurses.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
C L Sr, if the evidence is everywhere, you should be able to point to the studies in the medical literature showing it. Or even better, a meta-analysis from the Cochrane collaboration. But you havn’t. What you provide is anecdotal evidence of measles virus in your child’s gut. The association of this with autism has been discarded http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0003140 . I am sorry, but unlike you I cannot accept cause and effect without evidence.

I also think you have my comments about thimerosal in vaccines wrong. I was stating that thimerosal had been removed from childhood vaccines in Australia (there is one exception). That should have no impact on what you do with the Illinois Dept. of Public Health. I even linked to the document where this was stated and dickie corrected my first loose statement on it. So I rather think I do have the facts straight.

dickie, are you being disingenuous? You have provided two links that I did not point to. I am interested in your reference to Kalgoorlie. If so much mercury is being dumped on every one (I make that 15 tonnes per head over 2 years if I read your post correctly, but I dare say I didn’t) it would far outweigh what people get in vaccines. Is there a major difference in autism frequency in Kalgoorlie compared with the rest of Australia? If not, why not?
Posted by Agronomist, Tuesday, 6 January 2009 8:34:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
actually argonomist...I did read your post correctly. You stated that I should look at my own country, and that since thimerosal has been removed since 2002 (disingenuous to say the least), the autism rates should have dropped as well. and I offered the proof regarding the thimerosal content in Illinois (which I believe is still a part of the U.S.).
The measles vaccine/ autism connection controvercy is far from over as well. please allow Dr. Wakefield to have his day in court before you hang him. as I have said over and over, he will be vindicated.
perhaps here in the U.S. we are finally going to get some meaningful research that will not be as scewed as the studies that you like to reference (i.e. the Denmark study).
thru the Combating Autism Act 2006, the U.S. Government has just set aside $6,000,000 dollars for the study regarding the vaccine/ autism connection and another $10,000,000 for studying other environmental factors. Perhaps some truth will finally come out. I can only hope. At least we have a number of independant people on the panel from autism organizations here in America that will try to keep them honest and hopefully keep the pharmaceutical industry out of the study.
Posted by C L Sr, Wednesday, 7 January 2009 3:54:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CL,
I think you are a little confused (again) because AGRonomist didn’t make the points about the USA- I did.

Anyway, I'm willing to say that I may have it wrong about the remova of thimerosal in the US; the info that I’ve come across about the USA’s vaccinations said that the thimerosal-free ones are reserved for pregnant women, babies and children, including flu vaccines. Perhaps that info was wrong?
And does it depend on the state/jurisdiction you live?
I'm in Australia so I have to rely on sites for info.

But even if that’s the case, according to the info from Warthaug’s sites and comments which I linked to in a previous post, there have been:

“1) 12 studies
2) ~1.2 million children analysed
3) different methadologies used in each study
4) different analysis used in each study
5) all 12 studies came to the same conclusion
Pretty hard to just assume its all error. Not to mention that some of those studies (like the fombonne study) were conducted by some of the most distinguished epidemeologists out there.

Yet another study has been done looking at mercury exposure and general markers of neurological disorders (this spans more then just autism). And once again, no link found.”

What do you think about the Japanese study in particular, where children were not vaccinated for years, yet it didn’t alter the autism rate?
Japan MMR Paper: No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=15877763&ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Do you know when Wakefield is going to court?
Posted by Celivia, Wednesday, 7 January 2009 7:22:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy