The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mandatory vaccinations > Comments

Mandatory vaccinations : Comments

By Helen Lobato, published 23/12/2008

Mandatory vaccinations for health workers are likely to lead to a greater shortage of nurses.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Thanks for the 'heads-up' Helen. You're a little more fortunate than myself in having just five years before you can cease work. I still have ten to go, but if all you say is true, then it looks as though my employment as a nurse will also be short lived.

I wonder if the same compulsory vaccination will be foisted onto casual staff. I'm sure they'll be plenty of shifts going if all you say takes place.

What about the ANF? Surely they're in discussion with the Victorian Department of Health Services?

I used to think people were mad to refuse vaccination for their children and believed they were deluded, but since I've been nursing, I've heard horror stories concerning the MMR vaccines, the results of which can totally debilitating and lifelong.

Then again, is it too late for people my age to worry about a little "jab?" Back in the 60's, I forever seemed to be in a doctors surgery or health clinic getting holes punched in my arms and as far as I can tell, I haven't been affected by anything yet.

Interesting article and I'll be keeping my eye on developments closely.
Aime.
Posted by Aime, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 9:37:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm generally pro-vaccination, but only if it is voluntary.

My principal concern with mandatory vaccination is that it will make hospital staff even sloppier about spreading infection. MRSA is generally spread through poor practices by doctors and nurses who are too important or busy to wash their hands properly every single time they go near a patient, even though this is known to drastically reduce cross infection. Like those plastic gloves compulsorily worn in food preparation areas, mass vaccination could give a false sense of security.
Posted by Candide, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 10:00:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You really have to wonder about the professionalism of workers involved in the health industry who are anti-vaccination.

The reason why certain dangerous infectious diseases are rare in western countries even among the few unvaccinated dinosaurs is because the general compliance of the community, ensuring there is a safe pool of healthy people around them.

The author also misunderstands the concept of risk. The slight chance of a complication from vaccination is nothing compared with the risks of contracting the disease.

Medical treatment is science-based and there is no place in health delivery for anyone who philosophically disagrees with that. One has to wonder what in what other areas she disagrees with the health and treatment policy of her employer.

Would she also have the same lack of compliance with infection control generally if she disagreed? What about if she believed the crack-pot claims in the Net that hand cleaning is unnecessary and maybe the soaps cause cancer?
Posted by Cornflower, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 10:18:06 AM
Aime, in regard to whether this will apply to casual staff, the answer is yes as my nursing agency has already alerted me to this proposal. The ANF needs to be involved as this is an issue of our rights to work.
Posted by Manning, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 10:55:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to think the majority of our health professionals have a better understanding of the benefits of vaccinations than the author. I would also hope they have a better understanding of the potential damage that can be caused by distributing such a lot of unsubstantiated rubbish that could well result in increased numbers of people, and especially children too young too be vaccinated, succumbing to life threatening diseases.

That being said I don't believe vaccination should be mandatory. I am however wondering whether it really is mandatory (the author doesn't seem to mind embellishing the facts) as the equivalent NSW legislation does provide for those who have good reason not to be vaccinated.

The sky doesn't appear to have fallen in due to the introduction of this legislation in NSW two years ago. However the adminstration of these schemes is a logistic nightmare (I was involved with this in a previous role). Not only should nurses be vaccianted in NSW but they need to be able to prove it - not many have immunisiation records going back 30-40 years which means retesting everyone for immunity before then going ahead with boosters etc. It must be costing taxpayers a fortune.
Posted by sajo, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 11:25:19 AM
Society must learn the truth about vaccinations. For example, it has been known for over a decade that the MMR vaccine has been contaminated with retro-viral particles, reverse transcriptase and xeno retrovirus entities, such as the Avian Leukosis Virus. These retro viruses are in the same family as the HIV virus and have the very real potential of being able incorporate their DNA into the human genome of the vaccine recipient and cause cancer (to name one disease). These contaminants are also found in the flu vaccine – any vaccine, in fact, that is grown using eggs.

Now, this is extremely bad… I don’t know how else to put this, but does the public know about it? Are government regulators or watch dog agencies doing anything about it? Are vaccine makers cleaning up their act or taking any responsibility for this or potential long-term consequences?

The answer is no, no, no and no.

Why should they? Have we ever held vaccine manufacturers accountable for anything? Again the answer is no. What if they had been held accountable for infecting millions upon millions of people with the SV40 virus in the 1950’s and 60s? This is a simian virus that is now found in half Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas and some brain cancer.

This is what happens when we, as a society, tolerate being experimented on in a very unconscious manner.

Now, health care workers, especially physicians, are amongst the most indoctrinated team players on the planet and a full on uprising is unlikely, but that is really what is called for here. It is time to say, we will not be your guinea pigs any longer - no way.... no how!

K Paul Stoller, MD, FACHM
President of the International Hyperbaric Medical Assoc
www.hyperbaricmedicalassociation.org
www.BodiesinRebellion.com
Posted by Dr. Stoller, Tuesday, 23 December 2008 8:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy