The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not another wave of Islamophobia please! > Comments

Not another wave of Islamophobia please! : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 17/12/2008

Islamophobia still dominates any debate on Islam and Muslims in Australia, and the terrorist attacks in India are likely to exacerbate this.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
Boazy/ Polycarp and the fellowship:

Just tying to keep you honest:

• You said: “Many groups such as Salafi and Wahabi and Hizb Ut Tahrir have a very aggressive and militant view of their faith”

o Salafis and Wahabis are old fashioned orthodox who do not equate muslims and others but they don’t allow violence against non-muslims.. There is probably 10 Millions of the 1.5 billion muslims at best estimate.
o Hizb is a politically motivated youth groups who have a hand full of followers in a number of countries including Australia. They only appeal to misguided 17 year old disgruntled youth. Also, I never heard that this mob allow violence against non-Muslims.

• Above groups can be around 0.1% of total Muslim population at best. The question is, if you want to judge a faith by its followers, why not pick up a sect that makes a large percentage (15-20%)and its fastest growing one? Sufism (Mystic Islam is the most peace form of spirituality and here is an article by the Christian Science monitor http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1205/p13s02-lire.html?page=2

• Reason of revelation for your famous obsession (surah 9:29) by researcher and historian Sami Zaatari:

“One of the missions sent after the Treaty of Hudaibiyah to different parts of Arabia visited the clans which lived in the northern areas adjacent to Syria. The majority of these people were Christians, who were under the influence of the Roman Empire. Contrary to all the principles of the commonly accepted international law, they killed fifteen members of the delegation near a place known as Zat-u-Talah (or Zat-i-Itlah). Only Ka'ab bin Umair Ghifari, the head of the delegation, succeeded in escaping and reporting the sad incident. Besides this, Shurahbll bin Amr, the Christian governor of Busra, who was directly under the Roman Caesar, had also put to death Haritli bin Umair, the ambassador of the Holy Prophet, who had been sent to him on a similar minion”.

So it was a circumstantial issue during a direct time of war and not a legislative verse.

Try intellectual honesty next time.
Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Friday, 19 December 2008 11:29:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp
Does this mean anything to you?
BAQQRRTY GITTLLIACK
Posted by ozzie, Friday, 19 December 2008 11:42:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dear meredith,

1) i not only didn't "technically" call anyone names, i didn't in any remote sense call anyone names. however, i do extend a sincere apology to all poo–throwing monkeys: my metaphor was unfair to them.

2) i'll happily beat up on keysar on the appropriate thread, but this decidedly isn't it. you exactly miss the point. the point here is exactly guilt by association, using specific nasty examples to unfairly slime millions of people. once again, please take pericles' quoted paragraph to heart.

as for keysar, you should just be patient: he'll undoubtedly be back soon with nonsense to attack.

3) "this kind of snide *oh u nazi racist* when some dislikes Islam is just so pathetic"

there are two problems here:

a) talk of dislike of "islam", as opposed to muslims, is abstracting the religion from the practitioners. if dislike ("hatred" is more accurate) of muslims isn't the actual issue then who the hell cares? be honest.

and at least, if you're going to abstract, please acknowledge that those doing the abstraction in this thread are doing it with the utmost arrogance and in the utmost bad faith. you want to talk about hate? look back at the posts on this thread. you really think you're standing with the good guys?

b) yes, criticism of "islam", and coherent groups of people, is fair game. and yes, such criticism is sometimes deflected by screams of "racism" (or whatever). but, that doesn't make all criticism reasonable or well intentioned. screaming that people are screaming racism is just as much open to scam.

the fact of the matter is, that much of the criticism on this thread is factless, dishonest and loathsome. and, many of us have seen this same hate filled nonsense on thread after thread after bloody-boaz-bloated thread.
Posted by bushbasher, Saturday, 20 December 2008 3:07:35 AM
Fadi Abdul Rahman

THis man. He is the youth leader guy. I don't know if he has a real job except collecting government grants.

He said the Middle Eastern rioters shouldnt be jailed by rewarded with youth programs.

He complained a Korean focussed church was built where there was once a Muslim focussed youth centre. Koreans are hard working and have earnt far more than the islamics.

Not to mention the thing that started the exposition of racist-bigot-muslims in Australia was the murder of Korean school boy Edward Lee by racist muslim thugs.
Posted by donaldstuff, Saturday, 20 December 2008 7:22:39 AM
Not another wave of racially motivated gang rapes please!
Posted by donaldstuff, Saturday, 20 December 2008 7:35:48 AM
So many people who post here don't get the message that Islam is simply a superstition like any other, Moslems should understand this, it has absolutely no rights. Careful analysis of the contents of the Koran are a waste of time, anything can be extracted from that collection of gibberish. Attempts to equate criticism of the Koran with a violation of Moslems' human rights are sinister and a threat to our freedoms, whining about "Islamohobia" is often a smoke screen to shut the Kaffurs up. I'll repeat my earlier call and join others here--name a progressive,liberal democratic Moslem nation, all Islamic countries are basically dependent on the West. After all Islamophobia is a far less dangerous disease than Kaffurophobia which often proves fatal-to others.
Posted by mac, Saturday, 20 December 2008 7:59:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12