The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Embracing a moderate Islam > Comments

Embracing a moderate Islam : Comments

By Saeed Khan, published 7/9/2007

There are challenges and responsibilities to the integration of Australian Muslims that we must all share.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Boazy: "...my weapons are 'argument, fact and reported fact'."

Except that all too often Boazy's "facts" turn out to be distortions, exaggerations and outright falsehoods. However, when he's confronted with evidence of this, he typically cuts and runs off to another thread without addressing his dishonesty.

As in this case: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=975#17259
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 9 September 2007 8:57:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ..there is little point of responding to your 'predictable' babble, because no matter how spot on my 'facts' are... you dispute them anyway and describe them as you did here.

Show me ANy report of an event which cannot be described as containing 'selection and emphasis' ...

In this particular case, the issue of space/chaplains has a history. The problem to me is the provision of 'ablutions' for Muslims.. not so much space for them to meet. (as long as that space is shared)

If the only requirement was 'space' for prayer etc.. any class room will do, but the provision of 'ablutions' is much more than 'space' shared or otherwise.

Even if there are specific Christian chapels on campus.. it does not negate the intrusion of Islam into the cultural solidarity aspect of Australian society. Next thing you will be campaigning for 'the Family' to have equal space. (you remember.. David Golberg.. David Moses.. sex, sex, sex between adults and children in the 'Children of God' cult)

Sorry.. Islam holds up what we would regard as a child molester as the example for all to follow.. they don't regard him as a child molester.. but that is their problem not ours. Our problem is how to limit the intrusion of such ideas into acceptable social discourse.

What you miss is the bigger picture. This is but one small example of the overall clash of cultures/religions which confront us.
The Ham sandwich affair was another. The deceptive school acquisition is another.. the steam rolling of local sentiment for the prayer hall in Baulkham hills is another. The Sheikh saying "We all support Hezbollah" is another.. Hilalays outbursts are more... the list is becoming quite extensive now.

By all means take issue with deliberate misrepresentations.. but don't confuse them with sincere understanding of facts thus far.
You are right to make a word of caution, and I respect that. What I don't respect is the mindless head in the sand-ism which is blind to reality overall.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 9 September 2007 2:38:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David B

There is so much wrong with CJ Morgan's position that it is just not worth bothering with.

In fact we have new collective noun

A morgan of morons.
Posted by bigmal, Sunday, 9 September 2007 3:22:12 PM
Actually the Holy Bible says that central asian/middle east Islam is doomed so, though concerned about Australian and regional Islam and its progress, I know the end is set as far as Islam is concerned. In Revelation 9:16 and 16:12 we see the KINGS OF THE EAST asian confederacy army moving out of the east (China lead I'd say) out across asia, crossing the Euphrates River and moving on to Israel and Armageddon. Along the way this great asian army (200 million soldiers) devours a third of mankind. Thats all of India, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq etc. I actually got a copy a few years back of a prophecy- in- print from a pastor by the name of Jack Burrell (What will become of Australia by Jack Burrell 1975) in which Jack speaks about a two-part vision he had from The Lord one night showing an enemy moving down through northern India into South East Asia and on into Australia as far south as Byron Bay NSW. Part 2 of Jacks vision showed refugees flooding south back into southern States and preparations for a land battle in southern QLD. There are many revelations about this invader amongst the penetcostals. Most speaking about the sins of the people as to why God would allow these enemy soldiers here at that time. Luke chapter 21 is also interesting. I go with The Word of God. China devours Islam. China builds today for the great outward march.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 9 September 2007 7:06:59 PM
Re: opinion by: coach
congrads, u said it all (I couldn't have put it better) i agree 100%
Muslims will Never integrate...they can't.
the best the Gov can do to aviod the problems in the UK..
is to limit the immigration (by stelth like they did the vietnamese)
of Muslims to this country...
Otherwise
GOD help Australia, ALLAH wont.
If the Muslims think they are marginalised in Australia? GET TO THE END OF THE LINE...Indigenous Australians have been FIRST inline for 200 yrs.
MY MSG YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT IT MAY TAKE 200YRS+
Posted by originalaussie, Sunday, 9 September 2007 7:57:13 PM
Religion is Opium for the Masses,
Whether it be, Christian, Hindu, Islam, Buddist, etc...
It provides hope, where none exist,
It provokes war, when other solutions would work,
It engenders security within its beliefs however wrong they are...
It is as addictive as opium and just as dangerous.
To all Australians, be forever vigilant.
THE ENEMY EXISTS WITHIN.
-
Posted by originalaussie, Sunday, 9 September 2007 8:08:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy