The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The inventiveness of John Howard - the SIM card terror case > Comments

The inventiveness of John Howard - the SIM card terror case : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 23/7/2007

No one can accuse John Howard (and his rather dreary acolytes) for being uninventive.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
All this story is a classic example of HAVEs and HAVE-NOTs differences in saving money, to my regrettable experience.

1. In Europe foreign travelers are able to get connected with local SIMcards, which makes international roaming irrelevant for expense its attracts. A sort of a pre-paid stuff it could save for strangers but hardly suite locals for understandable reason. Therefore, a few dollars saving is something to Europeans famous for their …gm… economic attitude toward a cent to spend.
2. The similar economy-wise story with a ticket. A two-way ticket bought in Australia is, perhaps, a hundred or two more expensive than paying a return from India and, as a young father explained, a relative had promised to pay him a return. Sounds logically, because not everyone in India can pay cash for overseas trip personally…At least because one has not documents traveling: few days ago I was asked at the Post for a father’s pension card while paying his water bill in AUSTRALIA, although none was asking me paying it with e-bank HO HO HO.

By a way, none accused him in attempt to damage a jet-so what is a curiosity of one-way ticket?

Should everybody settle in Australia if there is a choice existing
Posted by MichaelK., Saturday, 28 July 2007 2:42:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is notable that “People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming” is all about animal rights, regardless if it is legal to export them, but when it comes to humans it seems then the trauma caused upon a person is not relevant.

I have set out on my blog extensively why the case against Dr Haneef was to fail (as it did with the charges) and why the AFP will fail. Likewise so I suspect will the case against Tony Mokbel fail and in time we will find that many a person convicted of crimes will have their convictions found to be NULL AND VOID (ULTRA VIRES).

You see, the RULE OF LAW is not what ever Parliament wants to make out of it, it is what is constitutionally permissible. And there is the problem. Many laws that are enacted are unconstitutional and so in time will be resulting to convictions being worthless.

What is the use to follow such disastrous path? Just-to-score-convictions-for-political-gains?

Now we have claims that Kevin Andrews has “intelligence” about Dr. Haneef that justify the cancellation of the visa. Well, probably the kind of intelligence we had as to the illusive WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!
Constitutionally, the Minister cannot enforce anything unless he obtains a Court order! And constitutionally the Commonwealth cannot dictate a State Court if “intelligence” evidence is not to be heard in open Court!
Enough about those so called “intelligence” and let go down to ordinary rights of any person to be told what is accused against him/her!
We do not want to be governed by any government that can claim “intelligence” regardless no such “intelligence” advice may exist!

As I understand it, the AFP vandalised Dr. Haneef’s flat, and now he was evicted and for what? Anyone who thinks that this kind of conduct is going to scare of a real terrorist doesn’t understand what really motivates a terrorist. Indeed, it rather warns a terrorist that all they need to do is to side trace the AFP upon some innocent person and then the real terrorist can do whatever was planned.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Saturday, 28 July 2007 3:06:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE, Haneef had a one way ticket because he was going to get a visa for the new baby so he couldn’t nominate the day he could return. He had asked for and received leave as he wanted to get back to support his wife as it had been a difficult birth. BTW, according to a Dr friend of mine who works at GC Hospital, Haneef was an excellent Dr. Keelty was trying to cover his arse by saying Haneef was still ‘a person of interest.’

Funguy, I agree with you, there was never a case. And yes, it was Steven Keim who exposed the whole vauderville act, otherwise they would still be using the false evidence and continue to railroad Haneef until after the election, then drop charges. You’re spot on, the laws do give too much power and too little accountability as shown in this dastardly fiasco. If this hadn’t been a fiasco, it would have taken us further into the realms of a fascist police state. The similarities between Nazi Germany and the rape of our democracy exemplified by this false arrest and false evidence gathering is very frightening. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi_police_state.htm In addition, the propaganda in the last 6 years, and continuing now, is very similar. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/propaganda_in_nazi_germany.htm Yes, be afraid, of the loss of our democracy. Get Up has it right in it’s ‘terrorism’ ad. http://www.ozin30seconds.org/video/emotional_terrorism

Gerrit S-H, We agree, Andrews will continue to ‘hint’ that he has additional intelligence to try to continue to con the voters. To be honest, I’m scared that the voters will be conned yet again, because if The Rodent gets reelected, he will continue to erode democracy and further his police state strategies
Posted by Bobbicee, Saturday, 28 July 2007 9:09:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Gerrit
There is but ONE Aussie group working very closely with the Muslim Leaders of Australia.
Yes we stand up for common decency to Animals and people.
Actually the two go hand in hand.
Click here to see our progects working together to unite Muslim people with Aussies Click on the two doves and please! note this is on "their"
web page
http://www.afic.com.au/
WE are also working to introduce Aboriginal progects working with regional areas and Muslim people.
I think you will find this a first in Australia so nobody can accuse us of being Anti Muslim.
The Dr was NOT evicted . The landlord said he was welcome back.
However nobody contacted him regarding the rent.
I am unsure if he asked for leave .
I also know many head Drs at the Hospital and its claimed he was expected at the hospital n the dat he was picked up.

I think we all need to remember Australia DID set him Free.
Perhaps that might not have happend in another country even if they had stuffed up.
Our belief is to treat ALL Animals and People with fairness and Kindness
My Name Is Taryn and I have worked with People Against Live Exports for three years and also on their projects working with Muslim People Of Australia.
I can assure you there is nothing but love and good will that flows from People Against Live Exports to ALL people and Animals.
Posted by TarynW, Sunday, 29 July 2007 9:12:15 AM
TarynW, perhaps, nobody “can accuse you being anti-Muslim” because you are simply xenophobic folks, and it is so locally natural that in the Australian fed-up feel even no shadow of comprehending the pattern of being anti-Muslim along this line general.

Ignoring my posts is a good example for this line-not for my religious attachments at first stage.
Posted by MichaelK., Sunday, 29 July 2007 11:17:34 PM
Taryn,

You claimed that Australia “DID” sent Dr. Haneef free. Well, I understand that his visa was cancelled and refused to be re-instated and so Dr. Haneef had no choice but to leave or be likely detained in a unconstitutional Commonwealth Detention Centre. This appears was all along the intention of Kevin “bomb” Andrews. Yes, now he argued that he did the right thing as otherwise a “bomb” could have been used.
"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a facist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they're being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
Hermann Goering, Hitlers' Reich-Marshall, at the Nuremberg trials after WW2.
This has been all along the tactic used by John Howard. The Tampa, the terrorist between the refugees, the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, etc, etc.
In reality John Howard is the TERRORIST. While I have made this very clear, and so in court proceedings also, John Howard would not dare to take me on that I was, so to say, slandering him as he was specifically provided with a copy of my book in July 2006, which was also used as evidence in the successful appeals!
It is like the unconstitutional invasion into Iraq, where allegedly the late President Saddam Hussein was not in compliance with UN resolutions by having WEAPONS-OF-MASS-DESTRUCTION. After all had the Coalition of the Willing not invaded he could have used those “ILLUSIVE” WEAPONS-OF-MASS-DESTRUCTION to terrorise the world, wouldn’t he?
I have no doubt that in time Australians will pay the price for their murderous invasion! In-decades-to-come-people-will-then-ask-why-Australians-allowed-John-Howard-to-vandalise-our-democratic-system!
We should adhere to the RULE-OF-LAW permissible by the Constitution!
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Sunday, 29 July 2007 11:28:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy