The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australian Muslims have no need for a mufti > Comments

Australian Muslims have no need for a mufti : Comments

By Hossein Esmaeli, published 27/6/2007

The office of mufti in Australia is not necessary and should, under no circumstances, be officially recognised in Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Romany,
look at exactly what Jesus said..(make reference to the greek pls) and also, if he was going to build a huge organization, he would have given much more than one tenuous verse about it. Remember his commands to the disciples. "take nothing for your journey, etc".. very mobile and transient. Peter also had his problems with his compromise over circumcision etc.

Rhian.. where would Christianity be without Constantine etc ? A LOT HEALTHIER :) and much purer. There is nothing like a bit of persecution to shape up the Church and ship out the fakes.
I don't think I've ever been so proud of an indigenous believe when he (as general sec of the indigenous Church in Borneo) was called up before DAtuk Harris Salleh the Muslim Chief Minister, and told "DENY CHRIST and EMBRACE ISLAM" with a lot of other things said..and he was as solid as a rock, not flinching a bit. Praise God! But I remember that incident echoed through the Church and it was much stronger and more committed for it.

FH.. talk about 'duck and weave' :) the real issue is not about how 'Muslims' view atrocities of Mohammad.. it is whether he committed them or not and whether such behavior is something which should be glorified ?

I must remember that next time the ICV attacks Christians, should we do a "Ka'b" on them? After all, they are 'enemies of Christ'- Nope.. Christians have no such murderous example from the the Lord Jesus to inspire them to such barbarism, and they/we also have specific commands to avoid such things. I always think of 9:30... "May Allah destroy them" .... I can offer you peace .. and mean it. I don't think you can do the same and be true to your Quran. After all, I believe that Jesus is Son of God, and that...is the basis for the call for my destruction. According to Sheikh Femhi.."The Quran is the absolute Word of God" -I have another view on that.
cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 28 June 2007 10:00:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fuhrer Boaz,

What do you make of this comment:

In your justification of why 800,000 Tutsis were slaughtered, you said:
“ Genocides don't just 'suddenly happen'....they have roots, background, reasons.
Questions for consideration.
-What was the predominant Tutsi attitude towards Hutu?
-HOw did they perceive themselves (The Tutsi) in regard to the Hutu?
-Did the Tutsi believe they had some kind of 'manifest destiny' to rule the Hutu ?
-Do the Tutsi have connections with a wider cross border Tutsi movement, and does this have any geo political implications?
So, to answer the question 'where does the hatred come from'.. I'd guess "All of the above"

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=6026#85037

Thats the justification Nazis used to murder 6 million Jews. And ironically thats the same brush you are trying to paint Islam and Muslims with. "Mein Auschdralia" is not a legal political party in Australia and can't get to government.
I don’t talk to Nazis, but I will 'flag you' by copying this link every time you address me or the islamic faith, Auf viedersen, Adolph
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 28 June 2007 10:25:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz_David

You might believe that Christianity would be “a lot healthier” without having hitched itself to the political structures of the cultures it inhabits, but its much more likely it would have died out long ago without political support and the infrastructures of empire. Even during its early years as a minor and persecuted sect (when it was by no means “pure” if you read the early histories), its expansion was possible because of its cultural and political milieu – the gospels and epistles were written not in Jesus’ first language of Aramaic, but in Greek (the language of an earlier empire still prevalent in the Roman empire of the Eastern Mediterranean), and Paul’s journeys took him only around the Roman Empire.

Former Archbishop of Canterbury William Temple said that Judeo-Christian religious tradition is the most materialistic in history. By this he didn’t mean materialistic in the popular sense, of over-valuing possessions and prosperity, but that it is a religion that focuses on the real, material world and real flesh-and-blood human beings in contrast to the idealising, dualistic, abstract, world-denying tendencies of other faiths.

Christianity never was, and never was meant to be, a sect of the “pure” that disdains the political messiness of real human life.
Posted by Rhian, Thursday, 28 June 2007 11:37:57 AM
What? "no need for a mufti"

For someone suggests such fibs He/she:

1. believes a single mufti cannot represent all brands of Islam
2. wished the mufti was their own sect
3. is annoyed how the office is a media magnt
4. is embarrassed how true Islam is unveiled

Because to say that Muslims don't need constant guidance is TOTAL HERESY.

Muslims need DAILY guidance on earth, on their death bed, under the ground, on their way to hell, and later in paradise for eternity.

Islam is a fully regimented and legalistic religion.

The goal is to attain acceptance from a demanding god ‘Allah’ by behaving in a "prescribeed UNIFORM fashion", following the exact letter of the Islamic law as prescribed by a local mufti, imam, leader, cleric, whatever you want to name it.

Islam means “surrender” total slave-master obedience to Allah and his prophet. No concept of personal freedom.

The Islamic law IS the Islamic religion (Deen) – which is NOT OPEN to interpretation by anyone except by qualified clerics (like Hillali).

The Islamic “code” is the Arabic way of their prophet Mohammad.

From dress codes to the way they go to the toilet, what they can eat, how they pray, eat, talk, look, touch, wash, and (especifically) how they must have sex.

Judging from islamic chat rooms and radio programmes, the Deen is Not negotiable. It's all Halal or Harram.

It is all codified according to the personal (and vast) experiences of the prophet and author of Islam.

Islam to integrate (I prefer 'infiltrate') in Australia must constantly hide its own precepts, until they will have the numbers to implement "force".

Historically Islam has never prospered without ruse and/or force.

True Islam – a totalitarian ideology - cannot compromise or modify its own teachings.

Australia (like the UK) will have do all the compromising - i.e. providing a space for Islam to co-exist...
Posted by coach, Thursday, 28 June 2007 11:54:31 AM
Some of the hypocrisy in this thread is truly breathtaking, reaching new heights (or depths) I've seldom experienced.

I used to think that the Landover Baptist web site was just a parody.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 28 June 2007 4:25:47 PM
FH... thanx for the flag waving. I suggest that the other understanding of those events is contrary to your assessment.

Rather than 'thats the justification of the nazis' etc.. it was in reality the justification of the Allies to RID themselves and Europe of the Nazis.

I guess ur desperate :) grasping onto anything I say so it can be twisted and rebranded as some kind of extremism etc.. Don't bother :) I'll give you MUCH more reason to brand me as that in due course.
What I did in that thread (which has no business in THIS one to be frank) was point out that there are always 2 sides to story, and the article seemed to be created at an arbitrary point in time, in a historical vacuum, with the goal of historically sanitizing the Tutsi and condeming the Hutu. Read the history. Enuf said on that.

RHIAN...
that historical influences were in place (Greek language, Roman roads, Pax Romana) and that they came from a previous empire cannot be denied nor need it be. The purity of the Church I'm speaking about was the spiritual, and there would be little incentive for materialism in a group which could at any time be called on the deny Christ or be thrown to wild animals.
Your point about "But it would have died out" is naive and dogmatic, nor based on the reality of the growth of the Church in a hostile environment over 300 yrs. The Church grew, because of the Gospel, and the signs which often accompanied it.
That Gospel of Christ is what saves mankind. It was then, is now and forever will be.
Part of that Gospel is "If anyone will be my disciple, he must deny himself and take up his cross and come after me" Hardly 'materialistic'.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 29 June 2007 6:44:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy