The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Send Muslims home? Fine, I'll go to East Ryde > Comments

Send Muslims home? Fine, I'll go to East Ryde : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 21/7/2005

Irfan Yusuf argues Australian Muslims are as worried and concerned about terrorism as other Australian citizens.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Xena,
can you explain to me step by step, (I'm rather dull u see :)

Muslims are intolerant of non muslims, (Hamtramck) but the non muslims are accused of 'intolerance'.....

ICV is intolerant of criticism and sues CTF but 'we' are called 'intolerant'.

Lets put the blow torch on you personally now.

A mosque is built on the vacant block next to YOUR place, (where you have lived for 25 yrs) and they seek permission to blast out the call to prayer 5 times a day on loudspeakers. The 'tolerant' PC council, approve this, by changing the 'noise code' specifically for ONE minority religion knowing full well, that this is going to annoy, irritate and deprive people of their peace of mind.

Please explain to me how you would be'tolerant' of being woken up, specially if you're a shift worker, by a loud voice blaring out 'Mohammed is the messenger of God' 5 times a day, 365 days a year, for the rest of your life ? I'm afraid that to support such abuse is outright irrational. (no...NO rant about assylum seekers on this thread pls :)

Further, how you would feel, knowing that you are a member of the large majority of non muslims, yet there was no ear which would listen to your urgent request for 'quiet'.

Does this constitute "flagrant abuse of society for the narrow benefit of a particular religion" Does it represent a 'positive and upbuilding contribution to cultural and social harmony' ?

Before you just 'attack', please actually respond to the question, HONESTLY then we can move on with the discussion, you are free to raise new points and even attack 'Christian' cultural aspirations, but please, not before you answer this.

I'm afraid Xena, your attacks on people who simply wish to have freedom of speech and peace and quiet are about as rational as 2+2=5 and are showing us more of your apparently disconnected state of mind :) and thats just an observation, and no, I don't hate ya I just DISAGREE with ya. Get over that and keep up the inspiring posts.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 29 July 2005 9:54:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This insightful article about Islam is on the 'Answering Islam' website. Why All Muslims Benefit From Terrorism

By David Wood

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/contact.htm

David Wood points out the difference between various meaning of the word "Islam:
Extract: "If someone were to ask me, "David, do you believe that Islam is a religion of peace?" my answer would not be "Yes" or "No." Rather, my response would be, "First tell me what you mean when you say 'Islam,' for it is a term that is used in different ways." If by "Islam" we mean the religion that is practiced by more than a billion people around the world, I could reasonably answer with a qualified "Yes," because it is a religion of peace for many people (though not for all). But if by "Islam" we mean the religion taught by Muhammad, I would have to respond with a resounding "No." .... "
Posted by Philo, Friday, 29 July 2005 1:44:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
l have had a close moslem friend for nearly 40 yrs. That friend is a first generation Australian, like me. l was born into a christian family. l am still woundering how that moslem has tolerated my non moslemness all these years.
Posted by trade215, Monday, 1 August 2005 1:14:30 PM
Nice work on Lateline, Irfan. Even for a Lib. OK, especially for a Lib.
Posted by anomie, Monday, 1 August 2005 2:01:29 PM
UK extremist to lecture on jihad in Australia

"ONE of Britain's most radical Muslim converts, Abdur Raheem Green, will visit Australia later this month to lecture on the importance of jihad.
Mr Green -- a British citizen born Anthony Green, who has two wives and six children -- was invited to Sydney by the Islamic Development Centre of Australia. In previous speeches, he has said Muslims and Westerners "cannot live peaceably together".
"The truth is that Islam teaches its followers to seek death on the battle field, that dying whilst fighting jihad is one of the surest ways to paradise and Allah's good pleasure," he said. He says conflict between Islam and the West is "not only sanctioned but ordered in the Koran". . . .
FULL ARICLE: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16167022%255E2702,00.html

Abdur Raheem Green VISIT... to Sydney

Lecture Tour: Abdul Raheem Green
Wed 17th to Fri 19 August 2005
Wed: Liverpool; Thursday: Lakemba mosque; Friday...
Presented by the Islamic Development Centre of Australia, over three nights.
Full details and poster... http://islamicsydney.com/story.php?id=2247
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 10 August 2005 10:45:04 PM
Muslims like to claim that Islam is a religion of peace. But this is really quite silly because Islam is a religion rich in doublespeak. In practical terms it means ... if you disturb their peace in Allah, then there'll be no peace for you.

Unfortunately there are countless ways non-Muslims can disturb their peace in Allah, not least of which is the very fact that non-Muslims are infidels.

Hence the ever presence of extremists and terrorists...

BTW I do not associate Allah with the word God. As I believe those dead suicide bombers are presently horrified to discover what's ahead of them.
Posted by GZ Tan, Friday, 12 August 2005 8:26:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy