The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > To London Muslims - speak out or be condemned for your silence > Comments

To London Muslims - speak out or be condemned for your silence : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 8/7/2005

Irfan Yusuf sends a message to London Muslims in the wake of the terrorist bombings across the city.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All
It is more than time that muslims condemn the acts of terrorism that are constantly being done in the name of Islam. Silence is seen as acceptance or approval. I cite the case of the Sydney muslim, I will not grace him with a name, who dared to say that women who "dressed provocativly" were guilty of their own rape. It is time that these idiot men realised that they have to control themselves and not blame everyone else for their crimes.
I note that as of the time of this posting, only the Muslim Council of Victoria has condemned the terrorism in London. Does this mean that the Muslims in NSW approve of these acts?
If so, the muslims of NSW deserve all the terrorist acts which may occur against them
Posted by Ian s, Friday, 8 July 2005 11:03:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And they are speaking up against terror and condemning it.
http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/

About time to stop the bastards who not only lost their faith but their humanity as well.

Ash
Posted by Fellow_Human, Friday, 8 July 2005 11:03:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You posted at 11am Ian, give them a chance.

The image of world leaders standing behind Blair was a powerful one. Hopefully one day soon we will see another one, containing a group of Islamic leaders that are involved in global issues, empowered by their own people and empowered by the West. Only then will the current threat abate.
Posted by Deuc, Friday, 8 July 2005 12:14:42 PM
When good men are silent, evil flourishes.

Peace on earth to men of good will and for men who will good.

Authoritarian regimes and belief systems possess the seeds of their own destruction because you can't fool all the people all the time. Fear was not enough to contain the Berlin Wall. The collective power of good men and women is mightier than these pathetic fanatics. World War 2 showed that.

We had the Assassins during the Crusades. They struck fear into people's hearts but where are they now....in London. They will end up the same. The lion has let hyenas into his den. These are fleas on the back of an elephant. I don't really think they know what they want politically. Perhaps the thought of heaven and 1000 virgins...
Posted by Odysseus, Friday, 8 July 2005 12:31:04 PM
Irfan, great article.

The issues that lie behind terrorism are complex. These actions seem to have no chance of changing the things that lead to the anger and hatred.

Muslim leaders speaking out against terror in clear terms as you have done will not redress the perceived (eg I don't have enough knowledge to confirm or deny) wrongs of the west which has contributed to the anger felt by extremists but it will help to break the cycle of anger within western countries.

Keep up the good work.
R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 8 July 2005 12:34:37 PM
"May the reader consider carefully the nature of Islam. Though it speaks of peace, tolerance and equality, the Qur'an's self proclaimed right of abrogation reduces these claims to empty words. The overall picture of the Qur'an is one of violence to non-Muslims. The comments of Islamic leaders motivate followers to war against non-Muslims. Muhammad, the Apostle of Allah, was himself a violent man, killing those who opposed his religion. Though not all Muslims may conduct themselves in like manner, without doubt, Islam teaches its followers to be violent."

The issue of peace in Islam has troubled me ever since Muslim terrorists started using the Koran to justify their acts, and also since the ICV went to such extensive lengths to prevent Islam from being studied. I typed "violence" and "Koran" into a search engine and found this site: http://www.lookinguntojesus.net/20030126.htm The 1st paragraph of this post is a summary of the site. Irfan Yusuf, I appreciate your apologetics work for Western Muslims, but how do you explain the claims made in that website about the violent nature of the Koran?
Posted by YngNLuvnIt, Friday, 8 July 2005 2:52:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy