The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The travesty of the century > Comments

The travesty of the century : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 17/2/2020

Every past administration knew full well that prejudicing the outcome would doom any prospective deal from the start, and thus settled on providing a general outline consistent with prior internationally recognized agreements.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Yes, what a shame!

How many more wars and bitter defeats, how many widows and orphans will it take for Israel to rid itself of that cursed wall that ruins it from within?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 17 February 2020 9:55:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have maybe a very simplistic, even simple-minded, take on all this:

I support the right of both Israel and Palestine to exist as independent states - i.e. a two-state solution;

I don't support the building of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, or in what ought to be (if both sides had enough common-sense) Palestine.

Perhaps a bit half-witted, and certainly not time-appropriate now, but there you go.

But maybe it's now too late for a two-state solution (in my view the only workable solution), in which case then, there is no peaceful outcome possible, certainly not in my life-time.

In fairness, the various Palestinian authorities have, over the years, had the opportunity to grab the chance for a separate state, and forgo any effort to push all Israelis into the sea. But maybe Islamic land tenure principles have thwarted any such agreement - a case of religion trumping politics. Maybe Trump, in his crazy-capricious way, is throwing down a gauntlet to the Palestinians: pick it up or it's all over.

And maybe Trump should have kept the hell out of it all.

And the moron wants to get US troops out of the Middle East ! Yeah, right.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Monday, 17 February 2020 11:48:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why don't they just toss the dice & be done with it ! They're holding up the World with their constant problems !
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 February 2020 3:29:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What I don't understand is they are sworn enemies, in fact to the point of extinction.
From the many articles, documents and information I have researched or discovered over the years, we stand to fear the elite Jews, more than any other race, even before the Muslims.
If only people read the Tora, the Old Testament and the Talmud.
You will be shocked to the core as to the plans the Jews have for us whites.
I once read the speech given at an international gathering of the worlds Rabbi's, again, you would attack any Jew you came across for what they wrote in that speech as future plans for us and their take over and control of the world.
Really freaky stuff, that only a deranged mind could come up with.
The plan was for the elimination of the white race, so that somehow they were going to force us to mate with the blacks, thereby wiping out the white race which apparently they are obsessed in doing.
Then they were going to enslave us, (the whites, a very clear contradiction).
When on another doco someone asked a Jew how they were going to enslave us, he said, we already were.
We build cars for them, houses for them, and so on.
Really sick and twisted stuff.
I have gone looking for that speech but for some reason can't find it, as though it has been removed.
Probably because it was a speech intended only for the faithful.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 17 February 2020 7:46:17 PM
The Travesty of the Century?
My news reports it as 'The Lie of the Century'
http://tinyurl.com/wndatgj
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 17 February 2020 11:25:19 PM
How about the war in Syria with 100s of 1000s killed?

The palestinians have refused to accept Israel's right to exist and have refused to begin to negotiate unless Israel essentially concedes everything.

Trump's solution will give them a palestinian state, the alternative is more of the same for the next 53 years.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 18 February 2020 5:49:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy