The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia lagging international human rights standards > Comments

Australia lagging international human rights standards : Comments

By Malcolm Fraser, published 18/2/2011

Australia’s failure to restore the rights of Aboriginal people is currently being scrutinised under the Universal Periodic Review process of the UN Human Rights Council

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
so k..jim .. what do you suggest?

its all to easy and repetitive to criticize without offering anything constructive at all, we get it that you don't like Australian culture, imagine, learning english! What good is that, apart form being able to read books, the internet, understand street signs etc .. I can see your point, so then all those who only speak some obscure language only a handful understand are helpless in the world. Is that good on someone's world view?

Without going into the expense of such an exercise, we'd only be up for more apologies and accusations in 20+ years that we "failed" this generation by not enabling them in the current age of instant communication .. they wouldn't even be able to use a phone.

I guess that helps perpetuate the available victims though for the victim industry to roll out as examples of Australia's failure.

Bottom line, alcohol is not going to be banned, no one is going to perpetually mollycoddle those who want to remain on the public (taxpayer's) teat .. at some stage, you have to either accept the responsibility of running your own life, or succumb to squalor and a harsh life ..the choice is there.

perhaps, the ones in this position, want to be in it .. does anyone ever look at this situation and say, hey that's what they want, let's stop badgering them to be something they are not and leave them to it .. make sure they don't starve to death and get out of their lives.

stop making it everyone's problem ..it isn't, for 223 odd years, not much has changed .. but we still don't get it that that's they way they like it .. can't we take the hint?

We haven't failed at all, the people who we supposedly need to save, don't think they have a problem. it's our bleeding heart society who has the problem, with people who do not want to lift themselves to their level.
Posted by rpg, Monday, 21 February 2011 10:39:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RPG I said something like that and didn't rate a response.
Posted by 579, Monday, 21 February 2011 11:12:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some news today

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/locals-to-quit-town-of-despair/story-e6frg13u-1226009206950

'Oombulgurri became notorious as a haven for child sexual abuse, suicide and despair after a damning 2008 report by West Australian Coroner Alastair Hope found child abuse, neglect and alcoholism were rife.

'Millions of dollars were ploughed into the community to tackle the conditions after the damning coronial report, and Mr Walker said his agency alone had spent almost $300,000 in the past 18 months.'

Another waste of lives and millions of dollars to appease the likes of the United Nations and those who adhere to their dogmas.
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 February 2011 11:27:48 AM
Runner , so now we are in WA for a change .
If you don't care ,so be it .
For me , understanding police that can work WITH Communities , Strong ,sober Elders and parents are the answer .
You can also have a go at limiting the alcohol abuse ,root of evil in your white society, with Four Billion dollars of Damage to us if you think the Aboriginal Problem [remember that old comment ]is too much for you .
It takes a big effort and Law application in a Culturally appropriate way , not Cultural Abuse and "Change" for a warm fuzzy feeling !
Posted by kartiya jim, Monday, 21 February 2011 12:20:00 PM
Kartiua Jim What do you suggest to remedy problems. [Please}
Posted by 579, Monday, 21 February 2011 2:21:09 PM
kartiya jim,

'If you don't care ,so be it .'

Please kartiya I am a long way from perfect as other posters gleefully point out however I would not sit in gutters and spend my own money on feeding aboriginals (from my own pocket) who have spent all their money on grog if I did not care. You are yet to offer a solution.
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 February 2011 2:37:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11