The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Double the punishment?

Double the punishment?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
So, Im sort of at a loss finding an answer to my question - If you receive an infringement notice in the mail, can police later take it to court as well?
Do they need to issue you a notice to appear?
Posted by Jackofharrassment, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 12:15:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Get a lawyer, Jack.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 9:18:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Jack,

I don't know what stage your infringement notice is
at. From what I understand a person who's given an
infringement notice can choose to pay the amount
specified in the notice and it ends there.

If you've chosen to contest the notice and be heard in court
you may wish to ask for a review instead. However if you get
a court summons for not paying your fine - you've got to
turn up at the hearing unless you pay the fine in full
before you're due in court. Otherwise you could be arrested
and put in prison if you don't.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 1:56:23 PM
Hi Jack,

If you can Google - "Fines Victoria," the site will
explain things further. Also you can contact Vic.
Roads - if your infringement is traffic related.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 1:58:20 PM
I received the fine in the mail late last year. I am going to court for another traffic offence. The last time i went to court it wasnt on my bench charge sheet. I had to seek an adjournment for the court mention which was after this one. The infringement notice has since been added to my bench charge sheet.
Posted by Jackofharrassment, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 5:37:12 PM
Jack

You seem to have a lot of trouble with the law. You have been here, on OLO, before looking for advice from people with no qualifications to answer you. Pay the bloody fine, and start obeying the law like most other people. You will get no sympathy or free advice here.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 6:04:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy