The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CCP Hacking

CCP Hacking

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hi Paul,
Commodore 64, gee that was a while ago.
I must've been in Grade 2 or 3 when it came out, and into high school.
LOAD"*",8,1
- I think that was the command to run a program from the floppy disk drive.
Good old Boulder Dash, brings back memories of my childhood.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 4 February 2022 8:06:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My pleasure ttbn. Cancel the cancellers by recursion. ;)

In reference to technical content by Bazz and Thinkabit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagged_architecture
"In contrast, program and data memory are indistinguishable in the von Neumann architecture"

http://www.encyclopedia.com/computing/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/object-oriented-architecture
"object-oriented architecture An architecture in which everything (processes, files, I/O operations, etc.) is represented as an object. "
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 5 February 2022 12:46:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The first "computer" was invented by the Chinese 5,000 years ago, at the same time Europeans were grunting and throwing rocks at each other from their caves. This fantastic machine was called an ABACUS, no bugs, no hacks, no annoying pop ups. AND my ABACUS given to me 60 years ago is still working like new, like one from 5,000 years ago.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 5 February 2022 4:01:43 PM
Out with family tonight to celebrate Chinese New Year, somewhere I don't know, I'll be hacking into that Mandarin Duck, my favorite, I hope there's no bugs in it!

Celebrate Waitangi Day tomorrow, a multi multi-cultural weekend.

For the nonbelievers, enjoy another course of meat pie and tomato sauce.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 5 February 2022 4:23:35 PM
Think a Bit & Calem,
The m/c to which I referred was a LEOIII at Tubemakers in Botany.
The Master allocated the area for a program and set the 4 bit tag.
The result of course it could only run 15 programs at the same time including Master.
This at a time when it was the only commercial machine so capable.
It and its two predecessors were designed by those from Bletchly Park
and their trainees.
Of course the internet did not exist at that time but the machines
were network capable. I think Shell's LEOIII in Melbourne had data
transmission but I never visited that machine.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 February 2022 10:31:42 PM
Hi Bazz,

On the "Scotty is a Physio" thread you said; "the greatest output of the most boring posts of all time" Well I think your last post here tops that! Given that we are forced to read every word in every post, under the pain of death.

BTW, I'm into model railways myself, what do you think of the Hornby M Gauge?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 8 February 2022 6:21:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy