The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CCP Hacking

CCP Hacking

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
ttbn,
thinkabit has a very good point to make: the hackathon you're so concerned about was a perfectly innocent event that is unlikely to have anything to do with the Chinese government. Tech firms want to know about, and remedy, the security holes in their own products.

I was going to make a similar point, but he said it much better than I could. Hacking does indeed have different meanings. For example I've never hacked into anything, but I've hacked copies of things to make them do what I want them to do.

You wouldn't accuse people of supporting Trump just because they recognised Pissgate was fake news, so why the double standards towards those who acknowledge that despite the CCP's overall odiousness, there are some accusations that it's innocent of?

By criticising thinkabit without even properly reading what he says, you have revealed yourself to be a wilful ignoramus, preferring to keep yourself ignorant than to face the truth. Even on this board (where the general standard of intelligence is pretty low) your stupidity stands out far more because you keep highlighting it!

As for channel 72, it's one of the better free to air channels despite its lack of new content.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 11:31:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

I get your point, but I don't think that our own government is as dangerous as the CCP when it comes to internet privacy; Communist China is our enemy. Australians are very keen on technological, and often use it to excess. There are still quiet a few people who don't use mobile phones, and those of us who do have to be responsible for ourselves.

I don't think the few naysayers and critics here have the faintest idea of the facts of the case in question or the extent of CCP cyber crime and grey war waging. And, most OLO posters have shown no interest. I'm not going go devote any more time to giving a couple of wackos an opportunity to sound off.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 12:36:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems like there is always a scapegoat, always the other ones that are hackers and instigators, never us and our allies, oh no, we are angles.
Posted by JordyStepho, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 2:20:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
True JordyStepho, the trashing of Iranian centrifuges via the stuxnet virus/ worm immediately springs to mind.
Posted by ViolentEntropy, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 2:50:58 PM
ttbn, its not; "going go devote", its; "going to devote". GRAMMAR...people in glass houses... WHAT an old tosser!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 5:04:16 PM
It's a dreadful shame when some concrete jungle dwelling village idiot anarchists can constantly derail discussion with their moronic quibble !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 1 February 2022 6:09:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy