The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > OK Dan Andrews Is Not A Nice Guy

OK Dan Andrews Is Not A Nice Guy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Alas, the majority of Victorians can no longer be thought of as being like the rest of us, happy to have democracy pushed aside by a despot as they are, with Roy Morgan reporting that 60.5% of them approve of Andrews' despotic handling of Covid and his anti-democratic - not merely undemocratic, but actively against democracy - new bill, which leaves him and his health minister free to bypass parliament altogether, and discriminate against different classes of people.

NSW 's Perrottet tried to pull the same stunt, but he was pulled into line by his party room.

Young people - 72% of them - are the most gormlessly acceding to totalitarianism with Victorian characteristics. As are 65% of women, compared with 55% of men.

More ALP voters (97%) than Green voters (84%) approve of the Andrews dictatorship
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 November 2021 11:11:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's something from Roy Morgan:

http://roymorgan.com/findings/8859-roy-morgan-survey-on-approvals-in-victoria-november-16-2021-202111160359
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 November 2021 12:25:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

«Hi Yuyutsu, not sure what you are saying, millions of Victorian have not been ordered to vaccinate, but have freely chosen to do so, not once but twice.»

And so have I.

But in your first post you suggested otherwise, that "people are voting with their arms", which is a false proposition: people, the vast majority at least, get vaccinated because they want to protect themselves and their loved ones from the virus - not because someone ordered them to, this way or the other.

Being told and threatened by government to be vaccinated is a humiliating experience, especially when one is eager to get vaccinated anyway and waits impatiently and helplessly for the vaccine to become available in Australia (and is not even allowed to travel elsewhere in order to get it). I got vaccinated DESPITE it, and I can understand how some others felt so insulted that they decided to refuse the vaccine even when otherwise they wanted to get it.

I don't think that the two jabs we received are sufficient, I would like to be able to receive more boosters, once a month if it was up to me, and to obtain them myself, not from that gang, but it is these bastards who prevent me from getting them - next when they finally offer me a booster 6 long months after my second jab, should I be thankful for their "generosity"? do you think that I will be taking the booster BECAUSE of them?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 18 November 2021 3:52:52 PM
I have no problem accepting that the majority of Victorians are supportive of Andrew's power-grab. Its happening all over the nation. The great covid scare has been an inflection point in the nature of Australian society.

Gone is the claims of freedom-loving Aussies. Gone is the myth of the individualistic larrikan Aussie thumbing his nose at the 'troopers'.

We now have a nation scared of its own shadow, desperately begging the government to take away more freedoms if only it'll keep them safe from a mild flu.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the population alarmed - and hence clamouring to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H.L. Mencken

The freedom that we once preened ourselves as prizing above all else, was surrendered with nary a murmur. And not just in the People's Republic of Victoria but all over. The more freedoms infringed the more popular became the leader. Stamp on the face of the unclean (ie the unvaccinated) and the baying mob cheers.

Government and authoritarians have learned much in the past 12 months. The freedoms that we once enjoyed will never return while ever they are allowed to implement what they've learned.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 19 November 2021 7:36:15 AM
Adem Somyurek is going to put it up Andrews.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 November 2021 8:06:53 AM
Peaceful demonstrations are a right in a democracy.
However what we see in Melbourne is peaceful
demonstrations having been hijacked by other
protesters making disturbing threats against the
Premier (replicas of Mr Andrews on makeshift gallows).
This has no place in a democracy and is rightly condemned
by all political leaders.

The pandemic bill against which the protests are being
made has been amended upon the advice of medical and
legal experts. It is now about health and public safety
which should be supported by all rational Australians.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 November 2021 9:20:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy