The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Diesel saves the day.

Diesel saves the day.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Nothing will change by 2050 if Universities don't cease to have stupidity as part of the curriculum !
Let's face it, every single decision made by Bureaucracy is made by people who got the job because they have a degree. No degree, no job in the Public Service bureaucracy. !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:53:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Paul, you clearly admit that the coalition has had a plan for some time contrary to what you claimed earlier, it just that it wasn't the number the greens want.

Secondly, Australia is just about the only country on track to meet or exceed the targets set. It is very easy for Labor and the greens to make promises for 40 years in the future that they will never be held to. As for most liberals supporting 45% by 2030, the closest I could find was 40% by 2035.

As for coal becoming unsellable, I notice that it is getting record prices and China is still building coal generation.
Posted by shadowminister, Thursday, 21 October 2021 11:38:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Paul, Australia is perfectly placed to become a leader in renewable energy. Of course if we did we could become the first, rather than the UK & Germany, to have the lights go dark. You want to shut up about such suggestions, more people every day are realising that is the actual objective of the green blob.

Yes again, some day we won't need to mine coal, either for it's heating ability, or it's raw material supply for chemicals, but that won't be while any of us or our grand kids are still here. Only a total dill wants to have the most coal left in the ground when that day happens, so mine baby mine, while the market is so buoyant.

With the way the sun is going, & if CO2 has even a smidgen of global warming capacity, I can see the day when we will be burning all those minor coal seams, uneconomical to mine, in situ, hoping to generate a little warming CO2.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 21 October 2021 12:35:27 PM
Well not only is the Glascow Climate Conference using deisel generators they are serving a diet of all plant based food as all red meats are part of the climate problem. Australian Farmers of beef and pork have not been included in the discussions of Net Zero emmissions by 2050. So not only the gas BBQ goes but the steak and sausages also.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 25 October 2021 7:50:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy