The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australians Getting The Governments They Deserve

Australians Getting The Governments They Deserve

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
According to a NewsCorp survey, two thirds of Australians now support a Covid "passport" to access "privileges". Note: privileges are now what we used to call freedoms or rights.

There is little hope for Australian democracy when the citizenry itself is too frightened to stand up for it. Never has the adage that people get the governments they deserve been truer. It's a shame that the twenty or so percent of us who don't deserve it will go under with them.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 9:36:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that there is great hope for Australian democracy when the citizenry itself actions processes that are for the benefit of all Australians at the cost of temporary personal opportunities.

It is wonderful to see younger Australians willing to step up and do what is right - even if there is 20% of the population who do not appreciate their efforts.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 11:54:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WTF,

Nobody said that the sheep in this case were all young (er). There are as many silly old buggers as there are silly young buggers.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 12:08:24 PM
Dear Ttbn,

I wish there was no state and no government.

Regardless, with or without a government, people should be able to defend themselves, also people should be able to freely choose whom they wish to associate with and whom they don't.

A business-owner for example should be able to select, at their absolute discretion, who comes into their gates (with no "anti-discrimination" constraints either), and may legitimately decide that only vaccinated people will. A "COVID passport" will allow them to know who is and who isn't vaccinated to their required level, so they can offer their patrons an as much as possible COVID-free environment.

Thus I am surprised why you object to such measures: are you asking for the freedom to cheat and sneak in uninvited into other people's premises? are you asking for the freedom to infect others who, regardless of government, regardless of your own view of the virus, strive to do all they can to stay away from the virus?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 4:46:59 PM
http://youtu.be/XljmO_KPQaM

Horror Movie it's the 6;30 News
And it's shocking me right outta my brain...

That's all I've got right now.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 1 September 2021 7:17:55 PM
silly old buggers
ttbn,
Yes, those moron Whitlam supporters who helped him cause the crap are getting old now !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 September 2021 6:25:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy