The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Covid vaccinations be continued?

Should Covid vaccinations be continued?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Infection or vaccination, which is best? It is a hell of a difficult question, not helped by big Phama loving health professionals & Politicians telling stories.

A shocking new study from Israel compares the protection offered by vaccine-induced immunity versus natural immunity from a previous COVID-19 infection and finds the latter offers far more robust protection from infection, symptomatic disease, and hospitalization.

Natural immunity confers much longer lasting protection

Directly comparing 16,215 previously COVID-19 infected individuals to 16,215 fully vaccinated individuals, 10 physicians (Gazit et al., 2021) preliminarily report (pre-print) fully vaccinated people are (a) 13 times more likely to be infected with COVID-19, (b) 27 times more likely to be symptomatically infected, and (c) 8 times more likely to be hospitalized than unvaccinated people with a prior COVID infection (natural immunity).

Vaccine effectiveness declines 56% within just 70 days

A new study published in The Lancet reports an initial surge of antibody protection for those who have received the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

Unfortunately, within weeks after the last shot, vaccine effectiveness begins to dramatically decline. In just 2˝ months, Pfizer vaccine antibody levels have plummeted by 56%.

Within the last week, two more studies (Liu et al., 2021, Yahi et al., 2021) suggest the more recent variants (Delta) are resisting vaccine neutralization. Worse, current vaccines may even enhance COVID’s Delta variant’s infectivity by spawning more resistant mutations.
“[T]he emergence of SARS-CoV-2 variants may tip the scales in favor of infection enhancement. Our structural and modeling data suggest that it might be indeed the case for Delta variants” [Yahi et al., 2021].

Furthermore, “boosters,” or third shots, may actually “boost enhancing anti-bodies” more than neutralizing antibodies (Liu et al., 2021).

In other words, vaccines may be worsening the current COVID surge.

It does look as if we should perhaps forget vaccines, & develop effective antiviral treatments such as developed for HIV, then let infection rip.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 27 August 2021 1:59:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

You are wary of vaccination, and what you do is entirely your business. But, as you are asking, my opinion is that at your age, you should get vaccinated ASAP. Covid can kill people of our generation. I'm fully vaccinated: last jab in July. No different from the 'flu injection I've been getting for years. Didn't feel it go in. No after reactions.

Best not to listen to these doom -sayers and scaremongers. They are as unreliable as the climate worrywarts.

I'm all for everyone being vaccinated, and telling the government to piss off and leave us alone. It's not their job to be mollycoddling everyone and running our lives.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 28 August 2021 4:23:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen

This is a free country. You don’t wish to take the vaccine, don’t do it.

The objective of the vaccine is not commonly recognised. The objective is to restore society to a fully functioning unit. That is a desirable position for all and everyone.

That is also a position which requires cooperation and acceptance by all, that the economic and personal disruptions of COVID-19 are hugely negative to the majority of society, and in particular, those engaged in its economic continuance, the workers that pay taxes, which in turn pay for your pension.

I can’t see where anyone is making the claim that the vaccine renders immunity to Covid-19.
What is being claimed is the vaccine is keeping the extreme effects of the virus to a minimum, and thus reducing the burden on health system, inclusive of hospitals in particular.

The problem Australia is having, is dragging the chain in the vaccine inoculation rate.
Your thinking, and the thinking of others like you, which in a very narrow minded and selfish focus, are hampering the efforts to restore the country from the devastation of the virus.

You need to get out of the kitchen and leave Flo and Joe to finish baking pumpkin scones, and renewing faded curtains.

As proof:
I’m acquainted with people in many and various parts of the world, including Dubai, one of the highest vaccinated countries.
One relation has just returned to Dubai from Germany after running in a marathon. Immediately after which he climbed aboard a plane for Ireland.
Do you get it?
Him and his partner have been given the two inoculations of both AZ and Pfizer.
They are free to roam.
On the other hand, South Africa, an under vaccinated Country in contrast, people are dying in droves.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 28 August 2021 4:42:59 PM
ttbn I don't have a formed opinion, & I am looking at everything trying to make an informed decision on vaccines.

It would help if I didn't know that authorities are desperately trying to hide all the bad news about them, & feeding us garbage about antivirals. This raises my suspicions that there is a hidden motive, even if only to hide that they have bought the least effective vaccine from the voters.

I don't like being treated as a mushroom, kept in the dark & fed bull droppings, by our authorities, it gets my hackles up. It makes it very hard to trust them, when they won't trust us with the facts.

After 3 heart attacks, clotting is probably more dangerous for me than most. With honest facts, I could easily decide the vaccine is still the best choice. I'm not particularly worried about dying, at my age it has to come sometime soon, but would like the opportunity to make an informed decision about what I do about it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 28 August 2021 4:51:30 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

Damn old cock, you really are in a different world to the rest of us aren't you.

Firstly when you are posting crap it is a really good idea to provide a source or a link to where you copied and pasted the information from.

Here it is: “http://notrickszone.com/2021/08/26/vaccinated-27x-more-likely-to-be-symptomatically-infected-than-unvaccinated-whove-had-covid/”

But it really isn't “shocking” is it.

Vaccine immunity is less than that provided by someone having having had the full blown disease? Who would of thought?

Oh of course it is, and that is probably true for almost every disease that there is a vaccine for.

Vaccines lose their effectiveness? Of course they bloody do, it is why you need boost shots.

But this: “In other words, vaccines may be worsening the current COVID surge.” really does take the cake. What a particularly stupid thing to say.

You advocating that people should forgo the protection of a vaccine is borderline criminal.

This is how cockamamie your thinking is. In NSW there have been 53 deaths from 330 Covid infections in the 80-89 age group.
http://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/find-the-facts-about-covid-19

So nearly 1 in 5 of those who contract the disease in that age group are dying from it. Yet you are saying you don't want to get a shot because the vaccines are 'experimental'. For God's sake mate, do you have any sense of how utterly thick in the head would someone have to be to turn away a free vaccine which would dramatically reduce those odds? That someone your age is scared off because of possible long term impacts of the vaccine is mindblowingly cretinous. Truthfully you really don't have that many years left and there will likely be a hell of a lot of other things that will bite you on the bum instead.

You are the typical mug punter, waging on an extreme outside chance when the shoe in favourite is sitting right in front of you.

Get a bloody grip mate.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 28 August 2021 5:31:55 PM
Old people who've had heart attacks & have been saved by modern medicine are worried about getting immunised ?
80-90 year olds who already have one foot in the grave & the other on a banana skin worried about the vaccine ?
Do they think they'll live forever ? I know people who said they'll "wait & see how the vaccine works out" before they consider getting immunised. Looks like they don't mind other people taking the risk & the possibility of getting infected by anti-vaxxers ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 28 August 2021 6:49:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy