The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pfizer Vs Astra Zeneca - To vaccinate or wait?

Pfizer Vs Astra Zeneca - To vaccinate or wait?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
We've been tossing up whether to vaccinate or
not. I've recently had an ultrasound done at
the Austin Hospital here in Melbourne and was
told that I still have blood clots on my lungs.
My husband has recently had surgeries on his back
and neck. We would prefer the Pfizer vaccine and
are waiting for it to become available in hopefully
August because we simply don't trust the Astra/Seneca
jab - being the cheapest.

How do others feel about the vaccine - and which one?
August is not that far off - and why did our Government
not get more of the Pfizer when other countries were able to?
Is it because it's the most expensive - and the Government is
penny-pinching? I hope not.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 19 July 2021 11:29:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wait!

So long as we are not allowed to obtain/import our own vaccines, only to lick the government's bottom and take whatever it wants us to have, then once we take a particular vaccine we will be stuck with it forever.

So if you get AstraZeneca now, then they will not allow you to get the superior Pfizer (or Moderna) later, even when it is finally available, so overall you would lose, especially once the borders are opened and encounters with the virus switch from a risk into a certainty. For now, best just stay home and be safe.

If I ever be allowed again to visit my family in Israel, which already received their Pfizer vaccines last December, while I only had AstraZeneca, then they would place me in quarantine there because Israel recognises only Pfizer and Moderna. I trust the Israeli medical experts far more than I can trust their Australian counterparts.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 19 July 2021 2:26:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

Thank You for the advice.

Ig matches my gut feelings about all this as well.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 19 July 2021 3:08:01 PM
People who can't make up their own minds should not expect advise from others.

Yuyutsu,

The covid vaccine will in time become the same as the influenza vaccine; it will probably be combined with the flu shot, and varied each year as the flu shot is now: free for seniors, charged to others if they want it, and different every year. Brands won't matter.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 19 July 2021 3:56:35 PM
Well I'm going to go with 'none of the above'.
I don't want no covid.
I don't want no vaccine.

So there's my personal 'I don't trust any of this' bias acknowledged.

That said, I don't know if I'd be running to get the vaccine if you have history of blood clots Foxy, especially on the lungs.

I'm not a medical doctor, and I don't know if or by how much your previous condition increases risk for you.

But I'll tell you something.
The government don't really care about peoples health.
They're playing a numbers game trying to get everyone to take it, regardless of any allergies or other conditions you have or have had.

I'm not going to tell you what you should do.
It's a decision you have to make yourself, and there are risks either way.
What does your conscience say?
Do you actually trust these 'vaccines'?
Are you willing to bet your life on it?

I wish you the best, whatever path you choose.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 19 July 2021 5:01:54 PM
Typical, let others take the plunge to see if it's safe ! Apparently, they've already found something in Pfizer that is being monitored.
Those who wait to see how others fare, should be last to be vaccinated !
Posted by individual, Monday, 19 July 2021 5:33:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy