The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pfizer Vs Astra Zeneca - To vaccinate or wait?

Pfizer Vs Astra Zeneca - To vaccinate or wait?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Paul,

Back in the time of the Anti Vietnam protests the police would arrest people to shew that the Government was fair dinkum, I didn’t see any arrests of these anti lockdown twits.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 July 2021 5:19:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Issy,

I believe there were something like 57 arrests in Sydney yesterday, and another 20 today. People certainly have a right to protest, been involved in many myself over the years. I believe firstly a protest must be peaceful, and secondly not endanger others. Yesterdays protests failed miserably on both accounts.

I'm well versed in the Vietnam War protests back in the day in Sydney, taking part myself as a young student. Coppers without badges removed to hide their identity, assisted by Neo-Nazis (true) making arrests of young girls, and other peaceful protesters. There were many thousands involved when Sydney's population was half what it is today. A court system complicit in handing down kangaroo court style guilty verdicts. It was a time of shame for democracy in Australia.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 25 July 2021 6:47:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
Here’s a little story from those days.
The police had parked a number ‘Paddy Wagons’ in Pitt St in anticipation of lots of arrests.
The vehicles were left unattended whilst their crews went to George St in anticipation of the planned action.

Along came the late Bob Gould (of radical bookshop fame) and a few other protesters.
As luck would have it the wagons were parked near a locksmith’s shop; into the shop goes Bob and having bought the required number of padlocks proceeded, with help, to lock all the back doors which had been left unlocked for quick use.

When the prisoners arrived there was a degree of chaos and the prisoners had to be released.
Strangely the locksmith didn’t have bolt cutters on the premises.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 July 2021 8:07:21 PM
Hi Issy,

Those were the days my friend. Still keep my hand in by attending the annual Invasion Day protest 26th Jan, but the coppers seem a rather benign lot now compared to the good old days. Even those who try to whip the crowd into a frenzy with yells of protest, are looked upon in mostly silent amusement by the majority.

What do we want!...NOT SURE!....When do we want it....NOW!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 25 July 2021 10:27:12 PM
Where are all the Forum Trumpsters coming out to defend the anti-vaxxers and other assorted nitwits who took part in the weekend riots in Sydney and Melbourne. Not a word to say!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 26 July 2021 7:32:11 PM
Pauliar,

I'm surprised that you are not out there with the rest of your anti-vaxxer buddies, maybe even punch a horse or two.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 28 July 2021 6:40:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All