The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. 14
  16. All
Dear Paul,

As I said earlier - the government took too long
in dealing with this case. They now need to fix
things and stop delaying.

All of my life I have grown up with different cultures.
Different outlooks, different people. And I have
been enriched by them. Travelling and living overseas
also helped.

I have nothing against this family. And wish them well.
It was the government's handling of this case that
was/is at fault.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 11:17:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

<<I have to say that your argument is totally illogical, as well as daft.>>

Well I'm not one of 28 people who've died on a ship, so I can at least comment on this issue.

Are you saying those involved in the running of the Ruby Princess were in the right? I mean 28 people died and others were put through what could easily be described as a living hell!

Instead some on this page want to go after the Biloela family, a family of four people.

Lawyers have filed a class action against Carnival Plc and Princess Cruise Lines Ltd over their mishandling of a deadly coronavirus outbreak on board the Ruby Princess.

The firm is seeking compensation through the Federal Court of Australia on behalf of passengers, their families, and the estates of those who tragically died.

The Lawyers have said the owner and operator of the Ruby Princess knew of the risks that passengers may contact coronavirus before the ship left and they failed to take steps to ensure the passengers were safe and protected.

http://www.shine.com.au/media-centre/media-releases/passengers-launch-class-action-over-ruby-princess-debacle

The Biloela family are not the criminals here and yet they have been locked up for years by a Government with double standards, a devout Christian Prime Minister (who should practice what he preaches) and deserve better from a Liberal Party who thinks it's O.K for 28 people to die on a ship. Isn't this meant to be a Liberal Party for saving lives, stopping those from making from those travelling on boats etc? Clearly not!
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 3:40:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Despite being harangued by an an arrogant SkyNews bighead today, Immigration Minister, Alex Hawke, calmly reinforced his government's stance on illegal immigrants, which has the support of the Australian people.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 4:24:49 PM
Thank you Paul, I fully support:

«What for me transcends the law, overrides all other considerations in this case is the fact the Biloela community want this family with them»

Exactly. This is a case of the central Canberra regime wanting to impose itself on the people of Biloela. Otherwise, they could simply allow the family to remain in Biloela, even without official papers and without letting them live in the rest of Australia.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 4:38:26 PM
Could someone please explain why this family is
being placed in "community detention" in Perth
and having their expenses paid for by the government
if the government is not going to let them stay
in this country permanently. Why this expensive delay?

Logically, they have already cost Australia a fortune,
so why the continuing delay in deporting them or
settling them permanently?

Is it all politics - at people's expense?

Makes no sense.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 4:52:22 PM
Hello all,

Isn't this meant to be a Liberal Party for stopping those from making money from those travelling on boats and saving lives as a result? Clearly not!
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 15 June 2021 6:02:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11