The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
Australia's Foreign Minister says the government is not looking to resettle a family of Tamil asylum seekers in the country, hours after the mother made a plea from her daughter's hospital bed to return to central Queensland.

Three-year-old Tharnicaa Murugappan was flown to Perth Children's Hospital this week after experiencing vomiting, diarrhoea and dizziness for several days.

WA Premier Mark McGowan has stated Tharnicaa may have to remain in hospital "for a considerable period, that the illness is very dangerous and that she'll receive all of the medical attention that she needs to get her better and he doesn't know how long her treatment will take."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-08/biloela-mother-in-plea-from-perth-hospital/100199624?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf246577325&utm_campaign=abc_adelaide&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf246577325=1&fbclid=IwAR1XcEOl5jn3vAowf_eQpPxm4tmm9rEwHZRJmUD4KN7UfDK-xq-PtTqlC94

Should the family be allowed to stay in Australia? Should they be deported overseas? Is such a move heartless from a Prime Minister who is meant to be Christian? Should the federal government show some compassion here and back off a bit from their tough stance on refugees when it's only one family?
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 3:11:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kick them out as soon as the child recovers. See my post below for the reasons. Australia must not compromise its immigration laws, or the 'boat people' nonsense will start again. These people have no right to be in Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 5:17:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An absolute disgrace on Australia's part, we should hang our heads in shame. Where is our compassion? Nowhere to be seen! I don't give a fig as to legality of it all, what I know is this family is well though of in their community, which is the town of Biloela Queensland. not Sri Lanka, America or New Zealand. These are the kind of folk we want to settle in Australia, they contribute, they are civic minded, they are an asset to Australia.

I've had a Liberal voting friend, local Christian people all incensed by the heavy handed action of the Federal government. Even the local Liberal MP called for their permanent settlement in Biloela. I've only read one well known forum racists making negative comment so far.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:14:17 PM
Is such a move heartless from a Prime Minister who is meant to be Christian? Should the federal government show some compassion here and back off a bit from their tough stance on refugees when it's only one family?"

In the beginning I was all for rules, deport them send them back.
- Then let them come back to Australia if they simply follow the right process.

You know a whole town of Aussies (well maybe not all of them)
fought for these people to stay.

I wish they had made a show of sending them back, with strict instructions that they WILL BE allowed back in IF they follow the right process.

Two years on Christmas Island in limbo when you've got kids is a bit harsh.
So I'm changing my stance on this, to your questions.

"Should the family be allowed to stay in Australia?"
Yes
"Should they be deported overseas?"
They probably should've been, but I think they've paid a big enough price on Christmas Island to deter others from doing the wrong thing.
"Is such a move heartless from a Prime Minister who is meant to be Christian?"
Yes, but maybe he's trying to not bend rules or make exceptions.
"Should the federal government show some compassion here and back off a bit from their tough stance on refugees when it's only one family?" No they shouldn't change their tough stand on refugees;
- but Yes I think they should show some compassion in this instance.
Pretty sure the kids already went to school here already didn't they?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:38:03 PM
ttbn, why wait until the little girl Tharnicaa recovers, show them how tough we are, how intractable we are, and throw them out NOW! Show what a tough bunch Australians are, what a tough government we have. When we're not killing innocent Afghan farmers, we're kicking out sick children. In fact I'd vote for you to be the chief kicker-outer! A tough old bloke like you would be good at kicking out sick children! Especially the non white verity!

And you call yourself an Australian.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 10:45:11 PM
AC,

"Is such a move heartless from a Prime Minister who is meant to be Christian?"

I don't know whether Morrison is a Christian or if he just says he is; but it's irrelevant. Being a Christian does not excuse anyone from doing the job they are sworn to do - in his case, upholding the law, and protecting the integrity of Australia's immigration and border policies. It's all very well for people without responsibility to go weak at the knees just because a child - who wouldn't be here if the selfish parents had not ignored the warning that having children would not change their illegal status - is involved. Do gooders and virtue signallers do not have to bear the responsibility of what could happen if the government does not hold the line. People smugglers are patiently waiting to start up again. Let these people stay, and the gates will open again.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 11:24:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy