The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

Biloela family could be sent to NZ or US, as mother pleads from her daughter's sick bed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Hi Foxy,

In total the Federal Government has spent also $7 million to restrain these "dangerous" criminals. The folk of Christmas Island are about 100% in favour of the Biloela family staying in Australia.

Hasbeen, I expect nothing less from a bloke who believes its a good idea to NUK 200 million innocent men, women and children in Pakistan. Remember that call of yours? "Get em', before they get us!"
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 10 June 2021 4:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan,

Fair enough. You must do what you think is right for yourself, as a private citizen; but the PM is not acting as a private citizen - he is doing his job according to Australian legislation. The PM's private beliefs are just that - private and nothing to do with anyone else - certainly nothing to do with the rule of law on which Australia operates.

As far as I am concerned, there is no connection between Christianity or the PM's private beliefs and the matter of illegal immigration: it's purely a legal matter, and we should be pleased that the government is doing its job in upholding the law.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 10 June 2021 4:30:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The PM has made exceptions to the law in the
past (regarding a disabled woman) and so has
Peter Dutton regarding a nannny. It's up
to the PM now to interfere - or not.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 11 June 2021 9:05:27 AM
Dear Nathan,

I think this Tamil family is very fortunate
in their choice of country - Australia.
Look at all the people supporting them here
and the expense that the Australian government
is going to (legal costs, accommodation, medical
care, et cetera) to ensure that their case is
treated fairly. No wonder they are fighting to
stay.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 11 June 2021 10:51:33 AM
Hi Foxy,

I would think the Biloela family have the support of 80%-90% of thinking, caring Australians. We should all ask the question; Given the same circumstances what would we do in their position. Not a hard answer for most of us, the very same thing. Regardless of the law, regardless of the politics, ask simply, what is the right thing to do? Morrison and his government has been made to look heartless with no compassion on this. The government needs to swallow it pride, and say we heed the message of the Australian people, and the Biloela family are welcome in Australia. If Morrison was to do that he would go up a notch or two in my opinion.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 12 June 2021 5:52:04 AM
Hi Paul,

My husband fully agrees with you. He thinks that
the family should simply be allowed to stay.
For me - I'm not so sure. There are quite a few
things that don't quite add up. Especially the
father's travel history to Sri Lanka - where
he was able to travel as he pleased more than
3 times - and was not arrested or persecuted in
any way.

Also as has already been made quite
clear - they were made aware of their own circumstances
in this country and that they did not qualify as
refugees or for any protection. They came as
"illegals." I know that I probably should be more
sympathetic - and I will be happy for them if they are
allowed to stay. And, I don't know why I feel uneasy
about this entire affair. But I do. I'm glad that
it's not me having to make any decisions.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 June 2021 8:20:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14