The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Peter Costello tries to hide cruelty to Australian animals with new law against groups

Peter Costello tries to hide cruelty to Australian animals with new law against groups

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/free-speech-not-while-were-on-sheeps-back/2007/08/22/1187462353847.html

The above link tells of the end to freedom of speach in Australia but Rudd says nothing.
Above:This innocent monkey awaits his fate at the hands of his brutal captors. Can anyone look deeply into these eyes and fail to be moved? (Picture and caption taken from Animal Rights Resource Site)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/aniexp.htm

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=shampoo+cruelty+tests+animals+rabbitts+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryAU

Well Mr Costello I would have thought after all these years you may have tried to be a leader to show us what a good PM you would made instead of covering up what Howard has failed to stop.

Simply as a humane being you have a duty of care towards Animals along with your Christian buddies who are also too scared to speak out as they live with the fear of God of missing out on some funding.

Shame On You As A leaders and thanks for the PR to highlight this matter.
You under estimate the Australian people forget groups.
Good reason to support free Range and organic Not Animal Tested is what Australians will say.

You have just lost every vote in Australia from anybody who has the most remote concern for not only common decency to animals but freedom of speach.
See you in court the publicity will highlight the Animals plight.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 24 August 2007 4:40:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE,

We may not agree on much, but on this issue I'm with you. Costello has sold our right to free speech down the river, not for national security, not to protect vulnerable people, but for commercial interests, and not even our own.
Posted by James Purser, Friday, 24 August 2007 2:01:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its not 'free speech' that is sold down the river, it is "conspiracies for economic harm to lawful activities"

Having said that... I'm also on the same page with James and Pale but not for the same reasons. In this, I don't see a threat to free speech so much, I just see how 'politics works'.

James says he believes in 'The Rule of Law'....well Jimbo :) welcome to the rule of law...

Here we see the 'make it up as you go' mob in full grand final fervour scrambling to protect their economic interests.

In other words.. POWERFUL PEOPLE will simply make laws which suit them, and their businesses.. just as they always have.

Unfortunately, ALL politicians do this, and that would include Labor, Democrats and Greens.

No WONDER THE Exclusive Bretho's don't vote! they know full well that no matter who wins, you STILL end up with 'a politician' in power.

SOLUTION. Yep..there is one. JAMES is partly on the right track and so is PAULINE.. and its a:

SENATE WHICH ACTUALLY DOES ITS JOB... and is NOT connected with specific parties.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 24 August 2007 2:14:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James
Actually you are one of the posters that I read all of their comments and I agree with many of your comments.
We clashed over the Muslim issue after the Muslim leaders burnt us thats all.
I think I may have a got carried away.[ Sorry]
I am not racist trust me.
In regards to Costello we will always need people to speak out for the benefit of others and animals are so badly treated under Australian law its shameful to our country.
I used to vote for Howard but after this- No more.
All our members wont be looking their way anymore either.

It wont be Rudd unless he puts out a Animal Welfare policy.
Mean time they will need more than gags and courts to stop people telling others about the poor rabbits that are kept in cages crushed together with sticks holding their eyes open so they can never blink.

A lot of them break their necks in these cages trying to throw their heads about thrashing in pain.
No wonder he wants a law to Gag people from telling the public which low life companies live off such barbaric cruelty.
Shame on the Government AND the oppoistion for "their silence"
Australia is no longer a country where people are free to speak!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 24 August 2007 2:16:14 PM
Pale, I think you miss the point of the legislation. What we have
had is a group like Peta, doing their utmost to damage the Australian
wool industry, telling a whole lot of untruths in the process.
They continue to tell these untruths.

Farmers spent lots of legal $ to stop them, but as it turned out,
the laws were such, Peta still got away with it.

The new laws will let the ACCC charge them, at their cost, not
farmers cost. So its a law to protect farmers against nutcase
groups like Peta. Good on Costello!
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 24 August 2007 2:56:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby,

You are so missing the big picture. These new laws will not just be "protecting" the wool industry, they will ensure that people cannot legally call on any company to change its behaviour. Imagine a shoe company, now imagine this shoe company uses only off shore slave labour in its factories. Now thanks to these laws, if you say you won't buy from that company because of its employment practices and you encourage others to not buy from that company, then the company can sue you for any money lost due to that boycott.

It is an attack on everyones right to speak freely about the actions of corporations.
Posted by James Purser, Friday, 24 August 2007 4:07:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy