The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Eating Kangaroo

Eating Kangaroo

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"The Victorian Government has lifted a ban for harvesting kangaroo for human consumption.

Animal welfare groups say Australians shouldn't be eating native wildlife, but game processors and harvesters welcome the changes.

Author Bruce Pascoe says it’s “illogical for [Australians] not to eat a kangaroo but will eat a cow."

So will kangaroo meat ever become the main protein on our dinner plates?"
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/theconversationhour/the-conversation-hour/13096954

I'm with Bruce Pascoe on this.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 4 February 2021 11:14:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

What about dogs and cats?

Especially given that Australia is now an Asian nation-state.

Is it legal to eat dogs and cats in Australia?

And don't forget about bats! Yummy . . . . . . a big bowl of Wuhan Bat Soup . . . . . . . it's the sort of stuff dreams are made out of.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 4 February 2021 11:53:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Opie,

You been eatin' the bat soup again?
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 4 February 2021 12:00:10 PM
Kangaroos are too charismatic for me to eat, but I fully support the right of others to do so.

Who are these alleged "animal welfare groups" that don't?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 4 February 2021 12:37:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kangaroos are not only pests - with some attacking humans - they are dry and tasteless to eat, along with all low cholesterol tucker.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 4 February 2021 12:41:05 PM
The proof is in the pudding . . . . . . or dog soup in this instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2taXU08ZfY

Lap it up . . . . . . . . . woof! woof!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 4 February 2021 1:13:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy