The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Closing The Gap 2.0

Closing The Gap 2.0

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 19
  13. 20
  14. 21
  15. All
That's right, mhaze: the whole thing is as boring as batshite and nothing is going to change. 99.9% of Australians, black or white, don't give a damn; never give a thought to gaps, reconciliation, or people who will never get off their arses to help themselves. The so-called victims of the gap don't care either, as they sit around boozing and sniffing their miserable lives away. The whole Aboriginal thing is just a luxury for virtue signallers with nothing better to do than waste other people's money on something that is a fact of life and here to stay.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 August 2020 10:39:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mhaze, True! If there were no problems in the world the whole system would collapse, as people had no government grants or jobs. We cannot solve all the problems in one generation, as the next would not have to propose ideas to fix them. The proposals keep them employed, not the solving.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 1 August 2020 10:42:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul, I couldn't agree more, with you when you say I'm the most "factless" poster on the forum.
The reason being is that I don't rely on facts, as anyone knows, facts alone or in isolation are simply "facts", and absolutely NEVER tell the truth or the true story.
What I speak of is the TRUTH.
Now had you said I was lying, then I would have had no option to respond in the most aggressive terms, as your accusations would have been those of an uninformed, ignorant, petulant and immature child, with some kind of emotional issues.
But I don't think that's the case, only that you present as such.
Now the question you should have considered before you decided to carry on like a "two bob watch" is; how does he know these things, are they true, and further questioned my comments, NOT dismiss them out of hand.
What I say is based on witnessing and overhearing conversations in condemnation of such stupid greed and deliberate theft on the part of scum like the two thieving ministers, you and Foxy praise so much.
It really is sad and disappointing to watch while people like you, Foxy and a few others have this naive and un-realistic view of the world.
Some may consider it sweet and nice but unfortunately that's not being honest, either with yourselves or the rest of the people around you who have to share in the problems and sorrows of the world.
You and your lot are not helping, I give you truths, you guys give me slurs and childish responses, but never a useful, helpful, thoughtful, insightful or progressive suggestion or comment between you.
Your, (and your running mates) views are rarely of any use, in fact I've written about Foxy's incessant, habitual and patronising attitude of writing the obvious, as if we are all stupid and un-informed.
Maybe those people you know or associate with, I know I'm not, so you guys are merely preaching to yourselves, and good for you, but leave the rest of us off your hit list.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 1 August 2020 10:49:18 AM
Decades ago we were told that "Land Rights" and other related legislation
was going to solve all the problems that aborigines have.

Then why are we still pumping in billions of dollars ?
Whatever has been tried has been a dismal failure.
Just pull the plug and let the fittest survive.
It is the one solution that is certain to work.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 1 August 2020 11:13:24 AM
Dear Paul,

Lets take a look at history.
( taken from the link given below):

We're told that:

Our nation is not a white nation - since the initial
shameful subjugation of the Indigenous nations of
this continent by British colonization. Our Indigenous
nations decimated by disease, conflict, and subjugation
now make up a mere 2.8% of the total population and we
still continue to deny them certain human rights.

In the earliest colonial years our Indigenous people were
supplemented in the main by British convicts, free settlers,
and their indentured laborers. Hence the notion of a
racially white Australia, later upheld by the cringe-worthy
"White Australia " policy.

Australia's Yolngu Aboriginal nations and Torres Strait
Islander people claim they were trading with Chinese
and Indonesians (Makassans) 100s of years before the
discovery of the continent by Europeans.

Aspects of these cultures were integrated by some Top
End mobs and are still evident. Chinese sources refer to
a 1477 map that shows the outline of the Australian
continent.

Some of our Chinese communities go back 5 generations,
working here initially as indentured labour to supplement
a penal colony with a skills shortage, clearing land
and providing the colonists with food by establishing their
earlier commercial market gardens.

Many of our homegrown racists have shorter lineages linked
to Australia than the Chinese who helped to build this nation.

History is repeated when seeking to fill skill shortages -
again Australia looks to South Asia.

Australia has seen many waves of migration from
particular regions - and each time there's been some
xenophobic push-back in our cities and amidst our pale-stale
male politicians. Currently the focus is on our new
African asylum seekers than economic migrants from Asia.

But eventually as the migrant communities integrate everyone
becomes accepted as just another Aussie. We're all
Australians first, ethnic heritage is second to this.

Closing the gap is a government strategy which aims to reduce
disadvantage among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
people - this time working with their own communities and what's
needed in their communities. Hopefully it will work this time.

http://www.quora.com/As-a-white-Australian-are-you-worried-that-Melbourne-and-Sydney-are-becoming-predominantly-Asian-as-it-becomes-increasingly-cosmopolitan
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 August 2020 11:19:47 AM
Bazz,

Ooooo, no we can't do that, just think of those poor greedy, lying scheming ministers and their lobbying mates who would go without their much sought after avenues of theft and stealing money from the many causes they laud and promote, which gives them access to the public coffers with impunity and all approved and promoted by the stupid air heads and do-gooders, who can't see beyond their useless, gutless, child like mindsets and attitudes.
You know something, I would like to travel back in time, find and kill that useless, stupid prick who first uttered the ignorant words; "The meek shall inherit the world".
What a stupid and dangerous, counter productive thing to say.
We are witnessing the results of that morons words today in people like, we know who.
The meek has cost us the earth, and if left to them, we will lose even more till we are beholding to the evil people of the world.
We MUST become more aggressive and assertive if we are to succeed and regain control of our lives/world.
I am the assertive, aggressive kind, and thankfully there are others out there of like minds.
It is people like myself that will eventually have to clean up the mess that the do-gooders and pansies create for us.
As an example, does China seem meek and mild to anyone?
No they are the opposite, and they ARE NOT waiting to "inherit" the world, they are out there aggressively taking it, one way or another.
I can't wait to hear Foxy and Paul's take on that and their pathetic meek, conciliatory and completely unrealistic attitude to life generally.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 1 August 2020 11:42:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 19