The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Closing The Gap 2.0

Closing The Gap 2.0

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
"Government needs to support agricultural business in aboriginal communities until it becomes self supporting and pays tax."

No, Josephus. This would still be another way of wasting our money. It's already been tried, and the Aboriginal "enterprises" are now covered in weeds, and land returned to its natural state. Some people don't want to change and they don't want to work. This failing is not confined to people identifying as Aboriginal, but it's only those people who get money thrown at them. White bludgers just get the dole - nothing else, and certainly not the do-gooder sympathy and undeserved attention that the former gets via official racist policy.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 31 July 2020 12:03:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the failed targets over the last 30 years has one public servant been sacked?
Posted by runner, Friday, 31 July 2020 3:16:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The elephant in the room is about to chuck another fit and go berserk at the arrogance of those people behind this egregious and unconscionable act of abuse directed at the rest of the Aussie population.
Firstly, those of you who actually believe in this pathetic and disgraceful act of further stealing money from the rest of us are so misguided and out of touch you border on being a danger to the rest of us.
I went to Paul's link and immediately felt like vomiting from the first few words.
If anyone thinks I'm going to pay homage or show any respect towards a bunch of people who have done nothing, do nothing but bleat and bitch about nothing, stealing money and benefits along the way, they can all go and get............!
How stupid do these scum-bag ministers and their lap dogs, think we are? Oh wait a minute, I know I'm not stupid, so they must mean the neuters, snags, and various PC pundits, and deplorables.
I demand we do nothing to assist or accommodate the blacks as of now, and not increase the benefits and glorify them even further.
As much as some do not want to hear it, but this is going to further the rift and widen the gap rather than the opposite.
The only gap that's going to be closed is the one between the ears of those promoting this farce of a decision.
The few true ABORIGINE'S that are left, could not give a rats about these pathetic acts and display of power and one upmanship.
And as for that pair of wannabee's, well you know what you can do with them.
Stop trying to pass off another pair of lying scheming con artists as aborigine, when we, and they, all know full well they're NOT!
How can so many people be so foolish, stupid, gutless, afraid of being virtue shamed, and not reject a false premise, and one so huge as this one?
And don't insult me and those of us who know the truth and how vial and repulsive this is.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 31 July 2020 3:24:19 PM
Hi Paul,

Goodness me - what a fantastic idea by the Government
for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
to close the gap with a 16 new overhauled plan. The old
methods haven't worked but apparently they've established
new targets to address some of the most crucial problems
facing Indigenous Australians.

This time the government is going to work with Indigenous
groups to ensure success and some of the issues they going
to address will be things like -

1) Indigenous incarceration.
2) Domestic violence.
3) Suicide.
4) Child removals.
5) Strong relationships with land and culture.

They've set targets to be reached by the 1930s.
So that our Indigenous people can have the 'same hopes, same
rights, same aspirations, same goals" as other Australians.

It all sound lovely. And I don't want to put a damper on
things. I wish the government every success. But why do I
have this feeling that all this is just another political
ploy - giving the perception that something is being done
and the reality will be a different story altogether.

Nah, We should give it a chance, I guess. Fingers-crossed
and hope for the best.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 31 July 2020 3:24:49 PM
cont'd ...

Dear Paul,

If they can get the kids into staying at school, getting
an education, lifting employment and training prospects
for them, that alone would be a big deal. Fingers-crossed
that something good at least will come out of all this.
At least the government is trying to do something.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 31 July 2020 3:29:36 PM
Foxy, yes it's me.
You didn't think I was letting you get away without some kind of adjustment to your reasoning.
Generally I accept your words of hope and cynicism regarding the actual goals being achieved or even attempted, and neither should they be.
But to the points at hand.
1) Indigenous Incarcerations; yeah they have already begun the process by simply not incarcerating black offenders any more, WHY?
Because they are incarcerated for non payment of fines, and court orders, so let's not incarcerate or fine them anymore is the decision made by absolute morons.
2) Domestic violence. REALLY? What do you recommend, we put a policeman or correctional officer in every black mans home?
There is no answer to this one and you know it, we can only hope that the gene or whatever it is will be eventually bred out of them as they intermarry with non blacks.
Even then, good luck.
3)Suicide! Hmmm, no-one is experienced or qualified to correct this one, irrespective of what the experts say.
4)Child removals, well what can I say. Those who were removed have grown up to be, dare I say, "normal" people, or much better socially adjusted and integrated, and with no incarcerations.
They should never have stopped it.
5)Strong relationships with land and culture. Rubbish! It's just another stitch up by the scum pushing this fallacy.
It's simply a ruse to garner support and sympathy and more so, empathy, so as to get buffoons to help promote their false claims and agenda.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 31 July 2020 4:03:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy