The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We're all in this together

We're all in this together

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
This nonsense about the US electoral system has to stop; it's the same for all Presidents. And you two blokes really need to stop giving that attention-seeking woman oxygen.

She says, "I shall
leave you both to fight it out amongst
yourselves".

How many times have we seen that! But she always comes back, snapping and snarling with more rubbish lifted straight from the ABC and the Red Press. It's hard to decide who is worse: the old battleaxe herself or the people who keep pressing her buttons. She craves attention, and OLO is probably the only place she gets it. We've all suffered enough! Just leave her alone to waffle for pity's sake
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 11 July 2020 10:20:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

I would like to agree with you, but I can't help it.
I have never been able to stand by and say nothing when I hear of something which clearly needs to be challenged or corrected.
As much as I, like others here on OLO, have my detractors, it does not sway me from doing what is right or necessary, and no end of snide remarks and derogatory put-downs, or appeals to the OLO adjudicators, will or should stop me from saying what needs to be said, if for no other reason, to tell the truth.
You are quite right, when someone says they are leaving the thread, I would take them at their word, but NO, some decide they want to return.
That's OK, I don't mind.
If they are of the type who will say the wrong things, it just means they will be subjected to the same scrutiny as usual.
I find it fascinating that they will comment on EVERY damn thing or topic listed.
I only comment on the ones I know something about, and that's why they get themselves in the poo, because they HAVE to be involved in every conversation, somewhat like the old gossip/biddy down the road.
Which leads me to correct her once more.
NO-ONE, I repeat, NO-ONE, knows everything about everything.
Someone should tell her the next time she stops to take a breath between comments.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 12 July 2020 1:55:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"is it something we said"

The funny bit is that I didn't even raise the issue. She did. A couple of years back I'd schooled her in her factual errors and she'd been humiliated at the time. She thought she'd have another crack at it.

Foxy does this quite a bit. When she's wrong she sudden declares she doesn't want to talk about it any longer. Its her way of acknowledging error.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 12 July 2020 9:43:56 AM
mhaze,

If that's Foxy's excuse then what's your excuse for always being wrong?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 12 July 2020 9:53:47 AM
Now, now, Mr O, play nice.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 12 July 2020 10:32:46 AM
mhaze,

BTW. Scott Morrison is starting to buy up all the cashed up Chinese he can get his hands on. Do you want some?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 12 July 2020 10:55:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy