The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We're all in this together

We're all in this together

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
mhaze,

No I don't struggle with anything. You're the one
who seems to be having problems with comprehension.
Not me.

Back in May the PM outlined a 3 step plan to re-open
the country by July but every state and territory was to
have its own timetable. It was all to be part of a gradual
easing of corona-virus restrictions that would differ from
state to state. The PM at the time announced a host of
new measures and restrictions.

As for the US electoral college? What I did try to get
across to you at the time was that there were/are moves
in the US government to eliminate the electoral voting
system (which is outdated). It does not represent how
the population votes. Hilary Clinton got close 3 million
more votes. But lost on the electoral vote system.
This needs to be reformed.

Originally the electoral system in each
state was established by the size of the
population in that state. The population in
some states has now increased but not their electoral votes.
The number of electoral votes was established by the size of the
population at that time. For example 100,000 people equals one
electoral vote. (I don't know the exact count). So three
states with smaller populations can have more electoral votes
than one state with a bigger population, by today's count.

You don't have to take my word for this. Do your own research
on the American electoral voting system - and how outdated it
is.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 July 2020 3:42:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

I wasn't talking about the electoral college screw-up you made. That was long forgotten because I thought I'd trained you on how it works. But alas not, it seems.

No I was referring to the errors you made in thinking that the responses to the virus were a federal issue here and in the US when in fact the major decisions are made in the states ie that whole Federalism thingy that eludes you.

As to the electoral college screw-up, go here to refresh your memory on how I trained you on your misunderstandings...
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=20202#357305

The sad part is that if you read further down in that thread you'll find yourself acknowledging your error. Which you're now making all over again!

And now back to the original idea...what happens when the those who call for sacrifice share the sacrifices? Does that change the nature of sacrifice they want?
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 11 July 2020 5:29:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, the voting system of each country is what it is for reasons relating to the circumstances of each country.
Your opinions on our voting systems are of no consequence or interests to anybody, let alone giving an opinion on the US system.
Your just pissed that your mentally and emotionally challenged 'pin-up' girl got shamed and tossed out on her ear.
She was another 'entitled deplorable' who was worse than Trump, in every way.
And she demonstrated it well when she lost, by carrying on like a spoilt brat chucking hissy fits and generally being a very nasty person.
Definitely not the mental and emotional stability of a President and the biggest deal breaker for me is that she is female, and one with NO discernible qualities or abilities to carry or justify the position of POTUS.
The US is much better off with Trump, faults and all, if the only other choice was her or now Biden.
The voting systems of countries are things that were established many moons ago and they are what they are for whatever reason.
I suggest, instead of slagging off at the voting systems of a country, simply because the outcome did not suite you, try doing what you do best, research the whole thing and then you will be better informed and will better understand WHY we all have the voting systems we have.
Even though our system is the Westminster system, it is not unlike the college system because of the population imbalance of voter numbers between the country and the city.
But I think you already knew that, and your just venting.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 11 July 2020 5:43:35 PM
Sorry Gentlemen - you've lost me. Not sure
what either of you are on about so I shall
leave you both to fight it out amongst
yourselves. You're obviously in good company
with each other. (smile).

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 July 2020 6:11:45 PM
mhaze,
Gee, is it something we said, or did she suddenly realise she's been on the wrong bus all her life, and decided she could not face what she has just finally realised is the truth and is now exposed to;
THE REAL WORLD!
I think we just witnessed the proverbial; Stop the world/bus, I want to get off!
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 11 July 2020 6:54:16 PM
Foxy,

Most people would have done exactly what Scott Morrison did: Tell everyone to get out from under the donna and get back to work and tell the States to open their borders and schools.

Victoria did what he said to do and look what a success it turned out to be.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 11 July 2020 6:56:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy