The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Some kids need an extra slap but most will get the message after just a little clip behind the ear.
Discipline is even dished out by animals who are not as spoiled as far too many kids. Only stupid, indoctrinated humans think they're beyond discipline. Wrong ! They're the ones who need it most !
Those who are worried about a little hurt should consider the hurt that lack of discipline causes later when these snowflakes have morphed into heartless & devoid of any sensitivity droids !
Don't like the idea of mindless morons inflicting pain on society ? Well, support the reintroduction of a National Service ! After all, those who are against discipline are always the ones who squeal loudest when they're at the receiving end, usually the half-backed academic types !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 7:17:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Can't resist having a go at the Catholic Church, can you?

All that I can relate is my own experience and, frankly, I think that it was a good system and as I said earlier none of my classmates went wrong in later life and some became pillars and leaders of their communities.

But if you want a modified system then restrict the enforcement of corporal punishment to the Headmaster and his deputy.

Over the years I've known many good teachers who gave up the job (it's not a profession) because of the lack of discipline both in students and parents.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 7:55:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

There are a lot of people who take offence at you using the term 'paedophile Catholic clergy'.

I think you should lighten up because it is obvious you are just trying to be a troublemaker.

I think something like 'Pells Angels' would be a much more appropriate term.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 8:16:09 AM
I don't know if it would be considered corporal punishment, but as a school cadet under officer, in charge of a platoon of 30 cadets, I was responsible for discipline.

Our favored punishment handed down over the years was a jogging lap of the oval, or parade ground, with the old faithful Lee-Enfield 303 rifle held above the head.

If no suitable running area was available, 5 minutes with the rifle in one hand with the arm extended fully to the side was applied. Part of the ritual of promotion to cadet under officer at our school at least, & probably at most, was to undergo both these punishments so we knew exactly what we were ordering.

The 303 rifle is not that heavy initially, but becomes extraordinarily so after a few minutes. Peer pressure meant the cadet had to complete the order, or forever be considered inferior.

Pity there is not such a simple way to discipline criminals.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 8:34:12 AM
Torture is not discipline.
Posted by Riely, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 8:46:46 AM
Can't resist having a go at the Catholic Church, can you? Yes Issy, just as you can't resist supporting the gun crazies at every opportunity.

Those supporting violence towards children, are the same mob of right wing fanatics who support domestic violence, violence towards women, violence towards animals, violence against those they disagree with, gun violence, police violence, military violence, community violence, violence towards ethnics and aboriginals. They support all kinds of intolerance towards minorities, then support acts of violence towards them as well. Have I missed any, let me know lads! Some will even admit to past military or police employment. These blokes who thrive on violence, got several on the forum, probably get off on violent movies and video games as well.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 May 2020 1:05:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy