The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
runner,

You really do need help.

Which brings me to my comment: Corporal punishment is irrational and contradictory.

Inflicting physical punishment on someone does not send the message that it is wrong to inflict physical punishment.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 9 May 2020 7:49:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Inflicting physical punishment on someone does not send the message that it is wrong to inflict physical punishment.'

no doubt you reason away why many people are more dishonest, we have more crime and child abuse, self entitled brats and contempt for genuine authority ever since we did away with corporal punishments. Try looking at facts instead of your failed narrative.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 9 May 2020 7:56:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Opinion,

"Which brings me to my comment: Corporal punishment is irrational and contradictory.

Inflicting physical punishment on someone does not send the message that it is wrong to inflict physical punishment"

It's not supposed to, the infliction of corporal punishment sends the message that such punishment is OK and that if one does the same thing or similar again then expect to be punished.

I grew up in an era when physical punishment was the norm for wrongdoing, out of our class of forty at graduation not one ever went wrong or was a failure in life and I have kept in touch with many of them over the years and consequently heard about the others, death has now taken most of them, one of the consequences of a long life is that one's childhood friends die off.

Funerals take the place of school reunions.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 9 May 2020 11:39:15 PM
Snowflakes just can't handle the heat !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 10 May 2020 7:34:18 AM
Is Mise,

But the plus is that the older you get the less funerals you have to attend.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 10 May 2020 8:59:45 AM
Opinion,

Until the last one, when one is a passive participant.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 10 May 2020 9:59:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy