The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Seriously Stupid SA Government

Seriously Stupid SA Government

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I heard his morning a woman living on Kangaroo Island saying that she had applied to the SA government bureaucrats to clear flammable material around her rural home. She was given permission to clear up to 20 metres around the home; she cleared 50 metres - being more knowledgeable of the bush and fires than pen-pushers in Adelaide - and has since been fined for doing it. Her house is the only one still standing in her immediate neighbourhood.

When it comes to seriously stupid, the SA Liberal party is no better than Green backed Labor when it comes to dealing with regularly occurring, inevitable bushfires.

Perhaps, with the Prime Minister saying that undergrowth reduction is as important, to him, as emissions reductions is, the Federal Government should be taking firefighting off the states as another activity that they are just no good at.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 11:43:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the SA Liberal party is no better than Green backed Labor
ttbn,
Were you to check on this I would not be at all surprised that the bureaucrat in question more likely than not a staunch Labor supporter. I'm not saying this lightly believe me but I'm going by my personal experiences in closely working with Govt bureaucrats & I can confidently say that 95 out of 100 are Labor orientated ! When things stuff up they can blame a conservative Govt.
I have witnessed it on quite a number of occasions.
So, slow down in blaming the SA Govt.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 7:23:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, having a whinge to a Çentrelink' employee that your welfare payment in the form of the Aged Pension, isn't in the bank on time, can't be classed as "my personal experiences in closely working with Govt bureaucrats", Now be serious.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 7:31:09 PM
Indy, you said you were a migrant, that's how you dodged National Service. I bet you were a 10 pound Pom, and you haven't stopped whinging since the day you hopped off the boat!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 7:36:00 PM
"... the bureaucrat in question more likely than not a staunch Labor supporter..."

Very likely, individual. It is often said that you can elect different politicians, but the public service remains the same. However, I do blame the government. The government is supposed to be calling the tune and directing the public service.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 22 January 2020 9:57:36 PM
Paul1405,
Do have a certificate to proof how insipid you are ?
I did not doge NS, I wasn't a citizen then therefore I was ineligible and, I have never complained about my pension being late, it's always been on time.
I did work alongside an Army of bureaucrats & they were 95% Labor & 95% incompetent in their role so, many of Australian Taxpayers never got their money's worth !
As ttbn said, you can have a Coalition Govt but the Public service remains Labor. That is a fact even you cannot deny, you're more than likely one of them judging by your excuse riddled quibbles.
Tell me, could you actually be even capable of making positive contributions here ? I mean could you possible ever come forward with a solution for any of the topics discussed here ?
For example how would YOU deal with the young who re not inclined to pull their weight yet demand we support them for nothing but nothing in return ? What would YOU like to see being done about housing for the Bushfire victims right now & how much are you willing to have deducted from your pay every week ? I think everybody who lives & earns money in Australia should pay a 0.02 % Levy !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 January 2020 7:44:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy